Port side lean on power

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave D

Reaction score
Hey guys, been reading many post on issues with portside lean but nothing I could find to help with my issue. I have 2010 150 opti with hydrolic steering(no trim tab) on a 189 sport. On slow idle, have no lean, soon as I give power it starts to lean portside, trimming helps a bit but still an annoyance. If anyone else has had the same issue and was able to correct, would be much appreciated. Cheers

I found that on my Nitro Z6 when fully trimmed down it caused the same issue. I inserted a SS bold as pictured below to limit the down trim. This resulted in reduced lean and actually improved the hole shot. Trimming up as speed increased solved the lean.
Trim.jpg

You have to adjust the trim tab zinc which is mounted just above the prop on the lower unit housing. Perhaps you have altered the original prop spec at some point? Otherwise this would not have been necessary. You should remove the bolt that was installed, it could cause major mechanical failure. 🤔 It's best not to mess with original manufacturers specs. or stray from industry guidelines. I'd hate to see you sink her!:oops: :eek:

Latest posts

Back