Porpoising Issue On 2012 Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Johnson

Reaction score
Hoping someone can give me a solution... I have 2012 Nitro Z7 D/C w/ 150 Mercury Optimax Pro XS and power pole mounts w/one 8" pole mounted . My boat with the motor all the way down and full acceleration out of the hole with the hotfoot pedal the boat porpoises and I cannot even see what is in front of me for quite some time until it comes on plain. I literally feel like I'm bird watching out of the pocket.

The prop is the 24 pitch that came on the boat. I checked with Nitro they stated it is the correct prop for the motor and boat. The motor is mounted in the second set of holes from the top of the mount. I am now wondering if I should change that to the third set of holes due to this issue and am wondering if the power pole plates changed the dynamics of the performance.Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to correct it....Thanks for your input... Love the boat with this one exception... Thanks Mark

Mark
Can't speak for Z7 but my Z6 was doing the same. I worked with a prop shop and went through several. After the 5th prop, I settled on a 4 blade by Turning Point in aluminum. Boat came with 115 Merc 4 stroke CT and stainless Fury at 25 pitch. Couple of things helped: went with 21 pitch, alum lighter than steel, 4 blade to raise stern and the technology of the Turning Point prop having 2 blades for accelerating and 2 for top end. Obviously leaving live well empty until needed, running less than full tank both help also.

Hoping someone can give me a solution... I have 2012 Nitro Z7 D/C w/ 150 Mercury Optimax Pro XS and power pole mounts w/one 8" pole mounted . My boat with the motor all the way down and full acceleration out of the hole with the hotfoot pedal the boat porpoises and I cannot even see what is in front of me for quite some time until it comes on plain. I literally feel like I'm bird watching out of the pocket.

The prop is the 24 pitch that came on the boat. I checked with Nitro they stated it is the correct prop for the motor and boat. The motor is mounted in the second set of holes from the top of the mount. I am now wondering if I should change that to the third set of holes due to this issue and am wondering if the power pole plates changed the dynamics of the performance.Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to correct it....Thanks for your input... Love the boat with this one exception... Thanks Mark

Did you try attaching a stingray
To motor it's a plastic wing when your prop tows water it hits the wing and pushes nose down works great

Latest posts

Back