Poll which pick-up FORD, CHEVY or DODGE?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
LET THE GAMES BEGIN..

FORD is the only way to go durability,comfort,reliability.

If I were getting a truck, it would be Ford, but I see no reason to get rid of the Jeep!

Rich D

Let me think of the rhymes for FORD and Dodge...oh yeah...that's right! They don't have any for CHEVY...do they?

Oh Man ....I can see the size of that can from here..

TEE

Dedicated Hardcore Chevy Man

Ford F-150/250... My family has nine of them...cousins, nephews, et al

Doesen't matter which one ,all have their own +'s & -'s,old Dodge good work truck and can't kill it,newer Ford 95-96 good value and pretty reliable,new Chev nicest truck going and awsome power, they all have their place in the grand scheme of things, just depends how much money you want to have at the end for the size of boat you can buy, I own an 1989 Dodge 1/2 ton and I love it,great truck,I also owned a 1995 ford f150 and it was excelent also 5.8l was good for trailering, father in law has a brand new chevy and it is the nicest truck i've ever driven and no problems yet,about a year old.

gotta love loyalty no matter what brand it is,.....my entire family as far as i know is ALL GM!!!!! USA!!USA!!

I personally feel you roll the dice with any of them. That being said, I cant bring myself to own another Ford product i just dont like how they drive and get towed to the shop. I was a hard core Chevy guy for years until I got my gm lemon and got no support from gm. After that I wont buy another, not because they are bad trucks but because i dont feel they deserve my money I now own a Dodge and other then my Honda motorcycle its been the best vehicle I have ever owned. i rolled the dice and it came up Dodge!

I personally like the looks of the Dodge's but, can't see that gas mileage...talk about lousy.

TEE

Tee

i have the 4,7 v8 in mine and its no worse then my sierra was with the 4.8. But it pulls like it has twice the motor that the gmc had. Actually the milage towing is right where my old s10 4.3l v6 was. Its not that bad, you just cant lead foot it.

Where did that "rice burner" come from?

I can see this thread's gonna' get outta' hand quickly...

TEE

DAVE ...WHAT WAS YOUR DAD'S NUMBER AGAIN ?? I forgot it.

80% parts and labor are US supplied, (maybe)...but 100% of their net US profits go directly back to Japan!!...and they STAY there!! Buy American Dave!!..PLEASE?!! LOL

First off, I've owned mostly Chevys throughout my life, 2 of them trucks. I have owned three Fords, and except for a 5.0 Mustang piece o sh-t, they've been pretty good. I only had one Chrysler product in my life, but I can't make any judgements, seeing it was a 1972 Plymouth Valiant. Now I have a very reliable, and capable 99 Ford Ranger 4.0 4x4 XLT, and it's been great. I definitely feel Ford has it all over GM, for the styling, and Dodge is a close second. When Chevy decided to put the hidious front end from the (pickup, suv hybrid thing) Avavlanche I believe, they defintely pulled themselves out of the "good looks "race. As far as quality, remembering I've owned many Chevys, I have to say they're probably all pretty equal. I would like my next truck to be a quad cab F150 XLT 4x4, 5.4 v8, or an Expedition. In the words of the famous Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".

Avalanche is definitely on my top 3 list of ugly vehicles. The other 2 being the Honda Element and the Pontiac Aztec.

Tacoma has no V8 option. I have a 02 Tacome V6 and it tows my tin well. This is my third Toyota and never had any issues with any of them.

If I were gonna buy a new fullsize truck it would be the new Toyota Tundra four door. It may not be one of the big three, but the reliability beats the big three for the most part.

I had a 2001 Ford Supercrew and the build quality was just not as good as the Toyota's.

I hear that Rich,...the Avalanche and the Aztec are nasty!!!

wouldn't want one if they leased for $100/mo!!! They canceled the Aztec 1yr into production...that's unusual...but the customers spoke and they said,.."That's GROSS!"...LOL

I' myself would personally like to SLAP the idiot engineer and others that said,"This is a good lookin' truck"....

Plastic is NOT pretty on any vehicle.

Now here's a question...What are they gonna' look like 10 years down the road? You ever seen plastic(don't care what kind) after 10 years?

TEE

chevy. 1/2 ton short bed with sportside box....

they're all good or they wouldn't survive I supose. I've just always been partial to GM. Sorta like boats I guess. Find a brand you like and stick with it...

I drive a Ford F150 4X4 w/ a 4.6 engine. I've had both Ford and Chevys with equal sucess but I like the Ford interiors better.

fatrap

INFINITI.....I had a Ford Explorer Sport. It was ok but got busted up pretty bad when it got broken into. Traded that for a Chevy and that was the biggest lemon every made. I had 2 Honda's in the past that had over 100,000 miles on each without a problem but they can't build an SUV right to save their a$$. What the he!! is the Element suppose to be??? Decided to go back to an import for the warranty. We'll see how it goes.

Whichever is FREE! LOL But if I'm paying, Dodge or Ford.

Had a 70's F150, 90's Ranger and currently a Mecury Mountaineer SUV. In between, one Chevy S10 that got totaled soon after we bought it (used).

However, Dodge has shown that their RAM trucks are really tough, and durable. Remember a ranger (as in forest ranger) having to pull many different boy scout trucks and trailers out of a flooded campgrounds one weekend (our trailer included). That old Dodge battlewagon wouldn't let anything get in it's way.

Tex

Well i like Ford F-250 but yet i like the Chevy 2500 duramax and then again i like the Dodge Hemmy

what shall i choose?

So much money to be spent but yet so little earned.... other wise i would have all three

T.S.

Tin boats and Toyota trucks go good together, they both can be recycled to make good wash tubs. :) I got a Ford that is sitting right now waited to be fixed again, truly fix or repair daily. I still have the first vehicle I have ever owned, a 74 chevy truck. It is the best truck ever. For me to buy a new truck that thing will have to last me 150-200 years. Old truck $1800/10+ yrs = <$180/yr. New truck $30K/$180 per yr = 166.667 yrs

No comment!!

Bob G.
CrewCab2.jpg

I'd probabaly would buy a Chevy, but I don't enjoy working on cars.

Just kidding, they all have benefits, but I would definitely stay with USA. I now always drive Fords, I had a GMC, but it was junk. F250 for me...............sa

I drove Dodge, then Ford, and now a Chevy. All good trucks but I like the Chevy Better!!

Had a 95 GMC K1500, and a 97 S-10 Blazer, total junk.

99 Jeep, decent reliability, solid motor.

98 Toyota Camry, reliable, stupid design flaws.

01 Ford Expy, reliable, niggling little problems but nothing major.

I would probably buy another Ford truck again. I was a GM guy, but never again. They have cornered the market on cheap, cheezy plastic interiors. Talk about recyclable. Yuk.

FORD is the only name in trucks!!!

(On a still night, you can hear a chevy rust!)

When it is time, I am going to go with the bottom line truck. That means whichever maker gives me the best deal. I have been racking my brain over a new 3/4 ton truck and I have come to the conclusion it is a pretty equal playing field. Can I get a chevy or GMC 2500 sierra with my logo on it Mac? That would definatly sway me!!

TOXIC

If you have not driven a NEW DODGE RAM in the last couple of month, you need to>>> The new HEMI is the best new engine out! The New Cummins is also great!!! The Ram HD's are truck of the year... enough said!

LOL Kraig

Have owned (yes with the Wife owning 2 of them):

87 GMC Jimmy 4x4- 2.8l V-6, Ran like a champ

92 S10 Extended Cab short bed (Beka's) - 4.3l V-6, ran great but agree with a few of the comments about GM's cheap plasticy interiors.

96 Dodge Ram Club Cab - 5.9l V-8 (yes Beka's TOO!) - Ran great but CRAPPY dealer service!

I'd probably buy the Dodge Hemi if I had the $$ and the needs for a full sized truck. After that my $$ would go to a Ford SuperCrew IF I could find a decent dealer around here. Every Ford/Lincoln Merc dealer i've found in the last 12 years (Houston and North Atlanta) have been flat out CROOKS!!!

I currently havea 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad and have enjoyed the vehicle, it has 136,000 miles without any issues other then the usual maintenance. My next vehicle if the funds are there will be the GMC Denali(sp) with the quad steer.

I drive a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 with the Hemi... and I love it! My wife has a 2001 durango with the 5.9... it has been a great truck also... I guess I am just hooked on Dodge... after all I sell them for a living!

LOL Kraig

FORD the only way to fly.. You know my daddy had chevy...

Tell he got a job.....LOL

Cracks Heads Eats Valves And Runs Last Every Time

BF

I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe and recently bought a 94 Chevy Z71. Gotta love the bowtie. I do have one of those blue oval Explorers in my driveway but I am letting the teenager finish that thing off.

There's no better driving experience than being behind the wheel, in command of the road, piloting a Heavy Chevy!! IMHO
2002 HD.jpg

Latest posts

Back