Planer Board Masts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ratko

Reaction score
Fellow Fisherpeople,

I am going to try planer boards out here in Utah for whatever maybe out in the reservoirs. I was looking at the planer board masts and was really put off by the price of these things. Having a lot of time on my hands since it has done nothing but rain this spring, I came up with a design that probably cost about $10 each (not including the planer board line from Cabelas).

Below are a few pictures showing the overall design and various details. The masts are 48" long of 1 1/2" Schedule 40 pipe. The dowels are 18" long. All the hardware is stainless except for a few specialty parts that could not be found in stainless. EVERYTHING (except the planer board line) was purchased at Lowes. The hubs are delrin (because I had access to some) but can be wooden dowels.

If you need more details, I can help out if you are interested in making a set. There is no reason why you couldn't make a single dual mast either.

Enjoy....

Mike

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

We ALWAYS love an inexpensive addition to our fishing desires!! Great job and a BIG THANKS for sharing!!! :D

Very cool... If the BIG BOARDS and mast outfits work out, great. We use small boards (Offshore or Church brands) for trolling here for walleyes. Let us know how your rigs work out for you. Did you buy or are you making up boards? Some friends of mine have some well designed folding big boards, I can get pictures or links for you.

Greg,

I have small boards for now. I will probably make some. I wouldn't mind looking at the folding boards.

Thanks...

Mike

Latest posts

Back