Penny Berryman

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Neathamer2

Reaction score
To all that haven't heard, Penny passed away this morn. Here is a story that was in Bassmaster some time back..

Rest in Peace Penny..

Penny Berryman: Listening, looking, crying

Don Barone

WBT pro Penny Berryman

related stories

She was a nice lady. Met her a couple times. Sad to hear of her passing. She was a pioneer for women pro anglers.

Still have an autographed hat from her years ago at BPS.

Very classy lady that will be sorely missed:( RIP Penny

Fishermens Prayer

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day

And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray

When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacfully asleep

That in his mercy I be judged as big enough to keep

I've had the pleasure to have met Penny and work with Penny during my time with Tracker Marine. Working the Nitro Boats booths at the Classic and other sport shows. Penny was a class act and a very warm individual, and to know her for a minute felt like you knew her for a life time.

Penny was an inspiration to many male and female anglers and set the bar of professionalism as high as it could get. Penny you have made your mark on the world and we are better for knowing you, may your rest in peace.

I never knew her or even heard of her but honestly that was the most moving tribute I have ever read online.

You guys were lucky to have known her.

Godspeed

Greg,

You nailed it. She was what most fisherpeople strive to be. A consummate professional.

God Bless you Penny B!

I was shocked to hear the news. I just watched some of Penny's video posts. .... I'm choked up .... big time.

There are those remarkable people among us who we never realize have made our life better until we find that they are gone. They are the people who so easily become a friend that we take them for granted. They are the folks who inspire us to live... to smile and to be a better person. She was one of those.

I can't begin to tell you how sad this news made my wife and I. We've been out of town this past week and I received a message Monday morning and our collective hearts broke. Penny and my wife shared many similarities in their backgrounds and over the numerous Grand Openings, Bass Madness events, Spring Classics and a number of shared sponsor relationships we got to know her and share many memories and fun together. My wife was never much interested in the whole outdoors/tourney scene, but Penny did wonders in creating an interest in her, just by being Penny. When we'd meet up here in town or elsewhere, Penny and my wife would go on about so many womanly things that I'll never grasp and just as fast and without skipping a beat turn back to me and start dissecting a piece of water we both were interested in or chat on about outdoor trade things. Her ability to bring women like my wife together with our sport was unique and simply unable to duplicate. Just moments ago my wife showed my son her picture, while holding him as a toddler at one of our events, spending great care and detail emphasizing her beauty in every aspect of her life that we were so blessed to share a small part of. Class, beauty, elegance,...so many similar adjectives come to mind, yet none of them seem adequate or worthy enough to describe this lady so many of us called friend. We will miss her, but we will rejoice that she is free from Earthly pain and celebrate the love she created and left for us all. God Bless you Penny and God give you strength Dick, for his need for this Angel has been filled.

Latest posts

Back