Pass side console removal on 2008Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Pineo

Reaction score
Is it removable? I was looking at it and it looks like it is connected with bolts or screws. I would love the extra room in the boat. Anything I need to watch out for? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I believe that year came with fixed consoles and required a separate install/removal kit. The more current years came included with the attach points and covers. I

In 2008 the pass console was "fixed", but that doesn't mean you can't take it out. Just take out the bolts or screws and remove it. If it's thru bolted with nuts on the inside and the nuts spin when you turn the bolts, you're going to have to find a small skinny guy to fit inside the rod locker and make a long tool to hold the nuts while you loosen the bolts. The one furthest aft is real pain. (Guess how I know this) Also the holes in the fiberglass may not be the prettiest because the factory knew they would be covered up so my guess is the glass will be chipped up pretty bad around the holes. You could always put it back in someday, but Its too much work to do it very often.

If Tracker will sell just the removable console parts and if it fits an 08 (My guess is it would)then adding it to your boat would let you take it in and out at will.

Latest posts

Back