PARTS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETE SZULC

Reaction score
First time here. I have a 2002 288 nitro . Does anyone know where to buy used or new parts. I broke my stainless swim platform handle and need to repalce it. its to thin to weld and ideas???

Welcome. Tracker doesn't carry a lot of parts but try Great Lakes Skipper. You may end up replacing the entire thing or having the part fabricated.

After further research. The handle is call aft handle . The OEM handle is made pretty poorly. It has a bolt tack welded to the tube. The weld broke . I am going to a weld shop to see if it can be re-welded. The new Handle only cost 69 bucks . If its made the same way I would hate to spend the 69 bucks. Fabricating might be the way to go even though it will cost more. I will check with Great Lakes Skipper thanks for the Help-

Just to let anyone know. instead of getting a new ladder handle for my nitro 288. I had the handle tig welded. This worked very well.I did not want to buy a new one because of the poor design. The weld is holding better than the Factory weld. The weld on the factory model was just a spot weld and was very weak.

Latest posts

Back