Owner's Manual / Wiring Diagram question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Patillo

Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone! I have a question for everybody regarding the internet and other boat websites.
Have any of you seen a website, boat company or other, that actually has the owner's manual online for you to download. As a boat owner, would you like to be able to go to Trackermarine.com and download a copy of your specific owners manual or even other models if you are looking to purchase a new one. Also, if I was able to do this, I would also put all of the wiring diagrams online as well.
This project is still a ways away, but am trying to get some input. WOuld this be of benefit to you? THe print manuals would still come with every boat and you could reorcer a print manual if you want one, but with today's technology, I think putting it on the internet would benefit both you the owner and us, the manufacturer.
If you have seen any websites like this, let me know...I would like to visit them.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Doug Patillo
Technical Publication
Tracker Marine

That's a great idea Doug, and I would definitely take advantage of using it. Even though I keep my owner's manual under the seat in the boat, it would be nice to be able to pull up information on line, especially if there was a table of contents and search mode associated with it. Would you use a PDF format?

TNSCOTT: Since I am creating the manuals on a few different programs, the best way to put them on the internet would probably be a PDF format...which would include a table of contents and search mode. Thanks for your input.

I really like to be able to go online and access the manuals for products that I buy. The livewell system on my 901 was very confusing, as the manual didn't show the new Flow-rite system. After finding the link from this site, I was able to go to the site, download the files for the systems that I have and after playing with it for a while, I can use it properly.

I don't think making this type of information available to the public is going to cut into the aftermarket printing services profit margin.

Doug, many of the technology companies have proven that it is very cost effective to do this. Customers (particularly second and third owners) can help themselves instead of burning dealer or corporate time with a question answered by an online manual that would otherwise require a phone call and potentially a snail-mailed manual.

Great idea for Tracker to implement.

That would be a great idea Doug,....and i think most people would only download and print the sections they want anyway,.....just like RC mentioned. Actually, I think it would be a tremendous cost savings for Tracker to put them on-line anyway,....they should continue to supply every new boat purchaser with a hard-copy as you're doing now, but with the same info available on line....people can get duplicates on-line much faster than calling and ordering one from Tracker. Plus, there's the added benefit of updated info........you or the webmaster could update daily, weekly or monthly as required and have all the latest data available, vs. re-publishing once a year or maybe even less than that, and we would never know what's been updated unless we ordered a new hard copy!!
In the front or back of each hard copy, publish the website URL's to this site, and Trackermarine.com to direct people with questions......between the compony's people and us,...we should be able to answer just about anything! One more thought in closing,....it doesn't matter if nobody else is doing it yet,.....convince your mgt. to approve the proposal and you could be the FIRST in the industry to do it,....other's will follow once you've set the example!! You would be an industry hero!! :eek:)
Take care,...hope to see this happen!!
Mac

I think it would be especially useful for folks who buy a used boat and the previous owner does not have/provide the manual. I ran into this when i bought my first used outboard (a HUGE 5hp Mariner) that did not come with a manual and had NO idea how to use it. I had to call Mariner and they did (for a fee) send me a manual after about 3 weeks.

I have not seen another Boat manufacture's site that has as much as the Tracker site does today, and this would be one more step ahead of the rest. When I looked into buying my CP175 i searched for similar boats (Xpress, G3, Fisher, Starcraft, Ranger and the like) and almost all have nothing but the basic brochure stuff (if that much) and none of the detailed specs, HP options WITH Speed/Performance, and full viewable pictures that Tracker does.

I know that Rich Stern and I have had the discussion about what percentage of boat owners (Tracker and others) are actually on-line and using sites like this one, the manufactures sites and others. I agree with Rich that today it is probably a small percentage, but as membership here attests it is growing quickly! I think that on-line manuals would be one more thing Tracker could advertise in thier ads/brochures to check out during your search to see all of the things Tracker boats have and can do.

Great idea, you get a raise and Friday afternoon off to go fishing (as long as you pick me up in a 911) LOL!

TrepMan

Doug, that is a terrific idea. I agree with the above posts on it being really helpful for the 2nd and 3rd time owners.

Good going!

Mike

Thank you all for the great comments. Keep the opinions coming in on this!
I will keep you all informed of my progress to get them online. Thanks again guys! You all are great.

Doug, I believe that Lowrance offers their manuals on line also.

Latest posts

Back