Other new toy for squirrels, rabbits and birds - clay shooting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Somebody one day mentioned Armslist and ever since I've been scouring it for deals and came across this little beauty. A Saiga 410 and guy had three 4 round mags with it. But naturally I liked my 410 pump with 6 rounds (2.5in shells or five 3 in rounds) UNTIL I bought a 30 round drum mag for it. Critters that violate my ground or airspace beware :rolleyes:

SW594632rdandSaiga410.jpg~original

Oh the handgun is my S&W 5946 with 32rd mags

The Saiga is in the middle of this group

skssaiga41045and9mm.jpg~original

Its a blast to shoot. It shoots 3 inch shells, I shoot the 2.5in shells in the pump (cheaper). Course on the Saiga, I already lost the front bead sight, didn't realized it had vibrated out from the 100 or so rounds I have put through it. Only drawback, it gets dirty and then starts jamming every 3-4th round. But a good clean up and she was burping lead again. The review of the Promag 30 mag drum said if you load it with 30rds it'll jam but I've not had that problem until the gun got dirty.

I've ordered a new site kit (drill/tap to 3/56) plus some sights to add to it. Original front site little bitty post that was black. They wanted 40 bucks for that original little bitty thing. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

Lookin' good there AirForce!

Just curious, have you done any recent firearms training outside of the military and police? Cause those look more like tacticool HD weapons than hunting and plinking. ;)

I'm or was a certified NRA firearms instructor. Yep, have several tactical weapons in preparation for when SHTF. I won't say just how much ammo I've stored, but it ain't enough. I generally order once a month a case or brick of something. But I do shoot critters but its been a LONG time since any were on 2 legs. Not really proud of the 1st one. I was 12 home alone with 5 other younger siblings and we were playing modified baseball in our bedrooms which has its own door to the front porch (in Alabama), that was 1963. This guy was chasing his wife with a butcher knife through the woods who we heard screaming. Scared the crap outta us when she came onto the porch pounding the doors at 1am while mom and dad went to drive in to see Gone With The Wind, that was 19 miles away.

So I rounded the kids up and took them to parents bedroom, saw my dad's double barrel 16ga shotgun and got it down went back to our bedroom at the same time the husband who had been chasing his wife with the knife, came onto the porch and kicked the door in, and I let both barrels go. Got everybody together and we ran half mile to the next house (we played with the kids there on occasion). That was a LONG night. I didn't know until later in the day it was one of my regular friends who I hung with a lot, it was his uncle I killed. But he didn't hold anger towards me, said when he gets drunk he's often violet so he kinda indicated to me the family was relieved. Course I got my whupping because I touched my dad's gun but at least he waited a couple days. Once I turned 13, I earned my own keep, still went to school, basketball practice and everything except I stayed on the riverbank for 4-5 days before going home. Did all my homework at school. I graduated and always thought the tough times were just a test to make me stronger and independent.

This is my other favorite 12 ga shotgun, a winchester 1200 speedpump 7rd that has a 20 rds on sling/butt carrier, I alternate the loads from OO buck to sabot slugs. Slugs do pack a kick.

winchester1200speedpump.jpg~original

I'm or was a certified NRA firearms instructor. Yep, have several tactical weapons in preparation for when SHTF. I won't say just how much ammo I've stored, but it ain't enough. I generally order once a month a case or brick of something. But I do shoot critters but its been a LONG time since any were on 2 legs. Not really proud of the 1st one. I was 12 home alone with 5 other younger siblings and we were playing modified baseball in our bedrooms which has its own door to the front porch (in Alabama), that was 1963. This guy was chasing his wife with a butcher knife through the woods who we heard screaming. Scared the crap outta us when she came onto the porch pounding the doors at 1am while mom and dad went to drive in to see Gone With The Wind, that was 19 miles away.

So I rounded the kids up and took them to parents bedroom, saw my dad's double barrel 16ga shotgun and got it down went back to our bedroom at the same time the husband who had been chasing his wife with the knife, came onto the porch and kicked the door in, and I let both barrels go. Got everybody together and we ran half mile to the next house (we played with the kids there on occasion). That was a LONG night. I didn't know until later in the day it was one of my regular friends who I hung with a lot, it was his uncle I killed. But he didn't hold anger towards me, said when he gets drunk he's often violet so he kinda indicated to me the family was relieved. Course I got my whupping because I touched my dad's gun but at least he waited a couple days. Once I turned 13, I earned my own keep, still went to school, basketball practice and everything except I stayed on the riverbank for 4-5 days before going home. Did all my homework at school. I graduated and always thought the tough times were just a test to make me stronger and independent.

Wow @AirForce that is an incredible story! Holy crap!

I too buy a case every month or so, mainly 7.62 x 39 and 5.56...with some 9x19 thrown in there.

I just picked up a couple more Glocks for USA Gun and Pawn in Acworth (great, great guys btw)neith my GSSF coupons, and I have on order a VEPR12, which is badass! I can't wait to get it. It's held up in customs due to the EO that was signed right before they hit the US soil (but should be released since they had been ordered long before).

Latest posts

Back