Optima Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvin Roberts

Reaction score
Anyone here use Optima batteries? I needed a new cranking battery today...my old one was an EverStart from Wal-Mart. They had the blue top Optima marine batteries on sale at Oriley's so I went ahead and spent the extra money to get one. Some people swear they are great. I've never had one. I hope it's worth the extra money! Just figured I would see if anyone else here uses them and what you think of them. Are they worth it?

This will be the start of my 8th year on a set of 3. 2 for 24v trolling and 1 starting. All are D34M blue tops w/light grey case. But, It is rare for me to run my TM very hard for any length of time. Or high use of accessories like live well, stereos, lights etc. Usually only running 2 depth finders. If had heavy usage I would get a larger group size.

My new rig has a Blue Top for a cranker. I'll keep you posted. I've heard good and bad, now I'll get to see first hand.

I went to the maxx batteries from Walmart and so far so good! Only been a year though...

I have had mine for about 2 years now and have had absolutely no problems. Money well spent for me.

Latest posts

Back