Opinions on TV18 and 135 Opti

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Just wondering what opinions anyone had, good, bad or ugly, on the TV18 paired with a 115hp or possibly a 135 opti.

It will be used 60% inland and 40% on St. Clair and Erie.

Thanx in advance...

Ken,

I have recently purchased a TV18 with the 90HP. All I can say is that I LOVE IT!!! The 90 on that boat get's me 43mph(speedo) alone and about 38mph with the family. HP like most things, I like to say "If something is good, more has to be better."

I've had it in some pretty rough water out in the mouth of the Merrimack River near the Salisbury Jette. That's the roughest water you'll find in NE, and it was not a problem.

Andy, Mac....anything you guys want to add here?

Good luck,

Marke

I've only been in one,.....and it was reaaallly nice,...it has a 115 on it,...runs great,...i can only imagine a 135 would really be fun. Still, in my humble opinion,.....that's the best all around tournament aluminum boat in the line-up.

The only thing i'd like to see added on them is a 2nd console, or some sort of "glovebox" for wallet, glasses, keys, etc. But that boat is very stable,...rides great, and looks good in the water. If i didn't fish so much big water and make the runs i do,...i'd have a tv-18 with a 125-135 Opti on it,....and i'd also make a drop in deck extension too.....for those days when my buddy's with helicopters want to land and stick toads!! LOL

It's an awesome boat and I'd wholeheartedly recommend one to anyone whose looking for something in that price range and size.

Mac

Got limes???...LOL....Don't forget to update your "profile"....had a blast lasnite,...we'll do 'Clair or Orion next,...2lb largies just don't get it, when the brown and gold super-toads are willing to hit and run!! I'll let you drive my 901,....that'll put a big'ol smile on your mug!!

Mac

Got one lime...still in the TV18 left over from us last night.

Why do I need to update???

By the way, the 135 opti I have in stock would run me about 4k more....OUCH

and you're right, it is stable when you're driving instead of on the port side...LOL

You need to remove the part in your profile about how i still "haven't taken you fishing!"...LOL Did that!!!!!

Oh and by the way,......you owe me 5 bux!!! But consider it paid in full......"Captain Dogfish!!!" :eek:)

Mac

And 4K more for a 135??...yeeeowza,...that is a little steep,....i'd have to contemplate that for awhile,.....better yet, it'd be nice to be able to drive one with a 135 on it,.....i think you'll do just fine with a 115 on it anyway, providing it is propped correctly. We'll get it dialed in for ya.

mac

Wait a minute....my boat, my gas, my corona and MY LIMES!!!

sounds like I took YOU fishing...LOL

I agree, I think the 115 will do fine.

I'll pay you your 5 bux, 2 bits a week for 10 weeks hahahaha

All I know is that this boat is gaining popularity fast!

When I saw them, I almost got one. But I really needed a glass boat. Haven't heard anything bad on them yet, and that's rare for any model/brand. Plus they're easier on gas both on and off the water (towing)

Rob

Hey Rob - As an aluminium owner (and sometime jealeous of the 'glass boats) help me understand "I really needed a glass boat"? I know they have a higher horsepower rating and in bigger boats are wider/longer (I think Xpress make 20 footers in tim) but what else defines when/where you need a 'glass vs tin?? I know my going tin was cost (wanted to spend no more than 10K and wanted new for my first real boat).

TrepMan

Mac, Tracker offers a dual console for $300. I'm asking for one for x-mas.

Yeeeeeowza is right.I got the 90 for $200 more than the 75HP, but to get the 125HP was over $2k.

Rob,
It sure makes me happy that (so far) no one has anything bad to say about the TV-18. I get LOTS of compliments at the ramp and on the water. I feel like it was $15k well spent.

Trep,
I may be wrong here, but I think because the glass boat is heavier, it doesn't get tossed around as much in big water and handles 3-4 footers a little easier.

Marke

Trep,

Marke is right. The heavier glass boats handle Champlain's rough water better, and I have a bad back. Plus if you look at top end speeds, an 18' tin vs glass with same hp. The glass almost always is a little faster. Dowyfalls are heavier to tow and MORE gas. Tin will draft less at float. You can put those things in 3" of water and not get stuck like I did the other day. Good thing the water was warm. My boy was wondering why I was pushing so hard. Sanded the bottom of my hull real well on that bar though. LOL

Rob

Latest posts

Back