One Problem Leads To Yet Another...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
So I'm getting the serial number off my motor so Bob can confirm a part number for me and lo and behold I discover yet another problem with my boat. I happen to glance at one of the drain holes leading out the back of my splashwell and it looks like I have some debris stuck in there. I stick my finger in there to push the debris out.....NOPE..NOT DEBRIS..! Seems the aluminum in the drain hole has corroded through and curled up exposing u guessed it, the wood core of the transom. I check the drain hole on the other side and IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME WAY..! NICE..! Who knows how long this has been going on. THANKS TRACKER..! Never, ever again..! Now I get to figure out a fix, because taking it in and being out of a boat for months is out of the question. Been there, done that too many times.

Remove the corroded pieces. Allow to air dry for a few days. Get yourself some Boat Life "git rot". Follow instructions. Install new through-hull drains with 3m 5200 QUICK-DRY. Done. Don't worry TOO MUCH.....I doubt there is any substantial damage.....:)

Agree...I think it would take a good while to rot. Get-er-done;)

Back