Onboard Charger Standard?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do Trackers typically come with an onboard charger? I have a V16 SC Pro Guide on order, and I want to make sure I can use it when I get it. If not, I want to get one in advance of receiving the boat.

FRS,
I am not sure about that, but I am sure there is a way to find out. Did you order it
Thru Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop? Or Online thru the app? I would say no if they did not tell you or list it as an option. Either way, there are ways to find out, a few phone calls should do it.

Did you order it
Thru Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop? Or Online thru the app? I would say no if they did not tell you or list it as an option. Either way, there are ways to find out, a few phone calls should do it.

I ordered it through a local dealer. I'll probably end up calling them about it. I just thought I'd see if anybody knew off the top of their head.

Mine came with a genius two bank 8 amp. That was 2021 v175 pro guide
My 2019 targa V19 came with a genius 3 bank

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully mine comes with one as well.

Do Trackers typically come with an onboard charger? I have a V16 SC Pro Guide on order, and I want to make sure I can use it when I get it. If not, I want to get one in advance of receiving the boat.
I believe your boat does not have a battery charger I think tracker does not install those on boats smaller than the V175

A hardy welcome. Yes, most come with a charger for all of the stock batteries. They are usually lower amperage, but more than adequate for stock. If you have the time to charge in between. Usually, the starter/ accessory battery is the only one connected to the alternator, the other(s) are typically only connected to the charger.

Heads up. If you order it thru Tracker and they install it at the factory you may save money. I was told any extras that you buy and are added on by BPS service center you will get charged a installation fee. At least $100 an hour or more.

Thanks again all!

I believe your boat does not have a battery charger I think tracker does not install those on boats smaller than the V175
Ah, I see. I ended up emailing Tracker to be sure, although I haven't heard back yet.

Heads up. If you order it thru Tracker and they install it at the factory you may save money. I was told any extras that you buy and are added on by BPS service center you will get charged a installation fee. At least $100 an hour or more.
Thanks for that. If it turns out the boat doesn't come with one, I'll install it myself. Definitely not a problem for me as long as it's not difficult to run the wires where they need to go.

Unless your getting a better price, having the factory install it also means it’s warranted by factory installation. Not that you can’t or don’t know what you are doing. You wouldn’t be responsible for a defective unit or return shipping. Just something to think about.

Just to close it out... I got a response from White River Marine Group (who apparently makes Tracker) and no, it doesn't come standard. Just for anybody who wonders or Googles this in the future.

My 2018 PGV16WT did not come with one either. This week or early next week I'll be installing a ProMariner 2 bank charger on my rig. I will take and post pictures. I will be installing it under the passenger console.

My 2018 PGV16WT did not come with one either. This week or early next week I'll be installing a ProMariner 2 bank charger on my rig. I will take and post pictures. I will be installing it under the passenger console.
Thanks, I'd like to see how it comes out. Out of curiosity, what's the most passengers you've ever had on your boat (numbers or weight)? I would have liked to gotten a bigger boat but I had to get something that fits in my garage.

Latest posts

Back