Onboard Charger Location

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Just picked up my Z19 Sport. My factory installed charger was mounted on the bottom floor of the boat at the stern. Seems unsafe to me to have any electrical device where it could get wet. I do sometimes charge while the boat is docked over night in the water. Shouldn't it be wall mounted?

Attachments

• IMG_5849.JPG
    IMG_5849.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 21
Mine is sealed. It got flooded once before I installed automatic bilge pumps, and it still works. I would hope (not assume) the factory installers know what they are doing.

DONAOL

This is from the specs on your exact charger..
  • Designed for water - A fully-sealed and waterproof onboard battery charger with an ingress protection rating of IP68, but has survived brutal life cycle testing, including thousands of hours underwater.

Still, electrical current and water, just don’t mix well. Play it safe and move it above the potential water line if bilge pump fail

Still, electrical current and water, just don’t mix well. Play it safe and move it above the potential water line if bilge pump fail
Thanks for all the information. Looks like they glued it to the bottom of the boat.

Latest posts

Back