? on Magnets in Reels.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
I have only one reel with a magnetic clutch or drag or whatever it's called. (Now I know how the Trepster feels when he asks a question on motors!) It's a Daiwa PS2L-5B. I've never had much success casting with it when using lighter lures; even with the magnet setting turned all the way down. I heard something on a fishing show that you can "remove magnets" to make it cast better.....

HELP! I don't understand.....

Thanks!

me!

i remove them on certian reels for better pitching.(more distance) otherwise the magnets are a fine tune for casting compared to the cast control knob on the opposite side. i think you would want the magnets for lighter lures. but again. different things work for different people,depending on the way they cast. they can also help in the wind. i don't know if this helps.thanks stan

I don't know how to go about removing them.

Are there any other ways to go about "tuning" these reels?

Thanks!

me!

i agree with pauly.and what works on 1 model or brand mite not work on another.if you want to remove them you can pop them out with a knife and put them in with epoxy.ruff them up a little first.stan

Latest posts

Back