On Board Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishin1.0

Reaction score
I'm looking to install a On Board charger on my 2018 Pro Guide Pro V16. It has only 1 battery in the front for the trolling motor and one in the rear for the starting/house battery. I saw this unit on Amazon, looks like it will fit my needs. What makes it interesting is that it will also charge my trolling motor battery off the motor when it is running.
Has any one used this unit or can make other choices.
https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-3608...battery+charger+2+bank&qid=1634391703&sr=8-79

Fishin 1.0,
Note that a, 2 bank, 8amp charge will be split between the two batteries so you will basically have only 4Amp charge capability on each battery if both are discharged. It will take more than 12 hours to charge a low battery fully. Depending on how you fish, this might be ok. Other than a very slow charge, I would expect this to be a really good unit.

They are more expensive, but I would purchase a 2 bank, 20 Amp unit in case you need a faster charge if you fish more than one day at a time.

Depending on what type of batteries, a deep cycle battery recommends a minimum of a 10 amp battery charger. This would require a 20 amp battery changer for 2 bank charger.
I use a 30 amp 3 bank auto on board charger and a few times a year use a manual 10 amp to charge the batteries.

As has already been said an 8 amp battery will split that 8 amps into 4 amps per bank. Considering it is only charging when the motor is running you're not gonna get much charge time out of it. Also, from many years experience I have no faith in Marinco chargers. I've had 2 and both failed in no time. There are several other options out there which will provide a higher amperage charge. Consider a DC to DC charger from Renogy.

Latest posts

Back