On board Charger Opinions (Not Brand, that will be Guest)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a gently used boat, and looking at on-board charger options. I'm def. getting a Marinco/Guest, as my last 2 lasted 5+ years each until I sold the boats.

Now the Q - I will definitely have a 24vlt trolling motor, so 3 batteries (2 deep cycle and 1 cranking), do I need a 2 bank charger (1 to the cranking and 1 to the connected trolling batteries) or a 3 bank charger (1 for each battery)? Most of you guys know i'm a weekend angler but usually use the boat 2 days each weekend (we can do that down here all year long!! LOL just a dig for you Northerners!! ).

What the consensus??

Trep - Hopefully not boatlessbanktrash much longer!!

I would go three bank. Regardless for a 24v motor you need a bank for each battery and having one for the cranking battery is never a bad idea. the 2623 would most likely be perfect for you.

If you have the room, a 3 bank charger. If only room for a two I would put them both on the trolling and rely on the big motor to keep the cranking charged.

sold!! it's on its way to my place will be installed this weekend, now on to GPS/fishfinders!!! glad I got a deal on the boat!!! lol. looking forward to enjoying this boat for a while

Latest posts

Back