Old lures

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
Bubby, Here's the picture of the baits I was given by a friend. Any other info is appreciated.

EPSN0284.JPG

The box in the top left says bass oreno, the lure below the box is what was in it. That lure is in nice shape. The frog is the one from the Paw Paw bait co. You can see the condition of the boxes and the plastic cover.

Gene

I have never seen the jointed frog before.....GOOGLE old fishing lures and should connect to one of the foremost collectors.....he did the B A S S calendar books for years

Hi

Something I can help with.Here you go.

Top row left to right Box not for the lure under it Looks like a paw paw popper Would need a better picture if the rings where the hooks go are metal and painted than it is more than likely paw paw. The Frog is a paw paw wattafrog value if all paint is there and both feet are good the right day it will bring 75 or more :eek:. The litte popper maybe creek chub 5 -10 Black with stripes and props looks like a crippled killer by philips 5 bucks The next lure I think goes in the box. looks like has glass eyes If the paint is all there 12 -25 next is a homade popper considered folk art never know. The mouse looks like a Creek chub could be shakespere 20ish or more the last one looks like a pike from creek chub. This is an older one (two line ties) If the lip is not marked with anything it it was made pre 1920. Are there hand pained Gill lines on the bottom between the lip and first hook? Depending on damage and actual date 10-50 bucks maybe more. nice friend. you can clean them if you want just do not get them really wet the water will make the wood swell and pop off the paint. I use a tooth brush with a drop or two of dish soap I like dawn wetting the brush as I scrub (it needs water to work correctly don't use only soap). Go slow and wipe off the junk freqently. Hope this helps. Been collecting fishing stuff for 25 years These prices are not set in stone as this market really fluctuates. And if nobody is in the market they are not worth much Dave

Gene, make this post on Joe's old lure page. I am not real familar with these lures. The ones I collect are from the late 1800's early 1900's. These are from the 50's I believe.

Bubby:)

Wonder what my naked mermaid lure collection is worth. Still searching for a blonde have the rest.

fatrap

Photo please! :wub:

Dave, I'm printing this post and I'll look at them tonight or the next few days. Thanks

Gene

Latest posts

Back