Okay, Who Put The Curse On Me...???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I'm a very supersticious person...I have a habit of judging how my entire year is going to go based on the first few months of the new year. When bad or unfortunate things outweigh the good, my rosy outlook for the new year usually takes a dip. Based on a few "episodes" so far, I'd really like to turn back the calendar and start over. In retrospect, it appears that the only person to blame for my recent "setbacks" would be myself, it is the weaker man who tends to point fingers at everyone else. A quick review of the past few months reveals that I chose to have elective corrective surgery on my eyes, which went bad and required me to be laid up for over a month recovering, before a second surgery finally made things right (glasses really were'nt that bad). In a "bold" attempt to regroute my shower floor (I'm a very limited skilled do-it-yourselfer) I managed to tear the rubber membrane underneath the tile, requiring a complete tile replacement and a very happy and well compensated tile guy. And most recently, displaying a true example of my laziness and procrastination character flaws, I decided not to heed my neighbors advice last fall at my cottage, choosing to ignore a very large and very dead limb on an oak tree hanging over my family room. Said oak tree decided to shed it's limb last week, depositing same onto my cabins roof and partway into my family room. And this brings me to my final "episode." I drive up to my cabin on saturday, along with my professional carpenter brother-in-law to make the necessary "repairs," much to my "surprise" and my brother-in-laws expectations (he knows me all too well) I had forgotten to drain one of the toilet lines during last years winterization of the cabin. Due to this moment of forgetfullness, when I kicked on the water system, a large river could be seen streaming out of the wall behind the toilet. After the system was shut down, and the panelling removed(destroyed), I was able to observe the massive and multiple breaks the freezing of the trapped water had done to the pipe. But after the necessary repairs are made to the pipe, and I "redo" the wall and carpet(which was destroyed) everything should be great...! (my brother-in-law repaired the roof, he would not let me near it while he worked).

So, this brings me to what my future holds...this monday, I leave for a much needed vacation with the wife (we are leaving the girls in grandma's care, which in retrospect is much safer than with me) and are flying down to Miami to hop onto a cruise ship for 5 days. If none of you hear from me again, it it because of a myriad of possible cotastrophies some of which could be; a plane crash, a sinking ship, man overboard, eaten by a shark while enjoying a "safe" snorkling shore excursion or some rare debilitating tropical illness. So "bon-voyage" my friends, I have enjoyed my time spent here.....!!!!!LOL

Only good thing about bad luck is usually good luck follows, either that or you are more content on nothing bad is happening.

Have a safe trip and "good luck".

LOL!!!..sounds like you're long over-due for some R&R Smitty.....have a good time,..and CHILL ....a few Margarita's and some sun will do wonders for your outlook!!

:cool:

Bon voyage!!

Carry on,..

Mac

Smitty - OH MAN, Ok YES you NEED that R&R with the wife, just be VERY CAREFUL!! We like our members back in one piece!!

All you need to do is turn on a little Kenny Chesney and listen to When the Sun Goes Down and all your problems will be forgotten.

Sorry about such the bad luck, it happens to the best of us. Its called Smith luck (as I am a Smith) I know this first hand like little things when out fishin, Line gets wrapped around the TM, take prop off, accidently hit pedal button, ploop, in the water goes the pin. Changing props on the water, prop on dock, washer on dock, ploop, nut goes in the drink......its little stuff like that...oh yea cant forget the countless blow tires on our old boat trailer too.....

Have Fun in the Carribean....

T.S.

Nope I didn't...Chris is right and that's probably what caused all your troubles Smitty. All you had to do was log on each day, look for the Good Mornin' thread, and say GOOD MORNING.

None of that bad stuff would have happened. :rolleyes:

It's got to get better Smitty so go on your cruise, get some sun, have some adult beverages and relax. When you get home, remember "The Curse?".. (trying to fugure out how to type an evil laugh)

Bill

Have a good time Scott. Just follow Mac's advice (about the the margairitas:D), and all will be well. And I need to chat with you when you come back. No hurry. Just shoot me (pun intended) an e-mail when you get home and re-settled. (e-mail at home is [email protected]).

Craig

They had 3 inches of golf ball size hail in FLA ttoday. Your luck has changed, you haven't left yet!!LOL!!

I'll donate a little mojo. Boogity, boogity, boogity.....there, that outta do it.

TOXIC

Ok Curse Is OFF !!!!!! You will be fine now.....Go get them...;)

I don't know Smitty... I'd follow up on the usual and make sure the Captain put the plug in the cruise ship before you leave the dock...

Your luck will have to change... From what you have detailed it can't get worse...

Smooth on the water pripe... I share your pain...

We won't trouble you about the earthquake and forest fire near your cottage until you get back. LOL Have a good time Smitty.

Da Bear

Black sox and sandles!!! LOL...no wonder people get shot at in 'Weeziana!! :blink:

:D

Oh My God.....My 88 year old dad is out there on one of those ships! I sure hope your luck doesn't cause your ship to collide with his!

RW

Latest posts

Back