OK I might take an SUV if I can have this one...

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [URL]http://www3.us.porsche.com/en
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Ok, so you all know I drive a SWEET 200hp Mercury Sable Wagon and I get a lot of flack. I know it's only rated to tow 1600lbs so my 175 is OK, but if the wife ever saves enough $ and wants that Party Deck with the 4.3l v-6 i'll need something bigger!

Now, as much as I love trucks I don't like the handling, so i've found THE ULTIMATE tow vehicle for me!!! 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, 450hp Twin Turbo V-8, All wheel drive and a 7,700 lb towing capacity!!!

Now THIS is a SUV - Porsche Cayenne!!! Now if someone would just provide the $88,900 sticker price i'll be on my way thank you!!!!
http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/usa/cayenne/cayenneturbo/default.htm
intro_foto1.jpg

Defeats the whole purpose of an SUV. While I'm offroad haulin a$$ thru a cornfield slingin mud and stones and not given a rip as long as I get back to that nice little duck hole by the swamp, you'll still be sitting back on the road not wanting to get your sportscar dirty! That ain't no SUV. That's a yuppymobile for Manhattan wannabes that go to the "countryside" on the weekend.

OK, once AGAIN, THIS is the ultimate sport utility vehicle. Oh look, "Excuse me Trep, don't make me run you over!" LOL
hummer.jpg

Kraig is the dakota going to look like that durango as well?

Rob - While your warming up that GM Diesel and SLOWLY crawling out of your drive way, i'll have been to the ramp, fished, won the T, pulled back home and will be sitting on the deck with a beer before you hit the ramp!!!

Tex and I saw a H2 pulling a bassboat (I think it was a Triton) last fall, looked nice!!

Still, I don't go off road even when I had a 4X4 Jimmy so you keep your truck!!

You win a tourney? Is it a one man event??? LOL That's the only way you're winning one jarjar! LOL I saw the porsche on a show the other night about the last Detroit auto show. It is the perfect combo for the person who wants a SUV and a sportscar. Can you imagine sitting at a redlight and some punk pulls up in an Iroc or some other car and you blow him away in the family mobile? LOL See with the Hummer, I'd just run him over!

Last thing I would want in my driveway was a Porshe. They would have to give me free lifetime service along with it. I used to have a 944. The day I got a bill for a turnsignal flasher @ $150.00 it was sold. The H2, now that's a little different. I would have one of those.

TOXIC

Rob - That's why I like it and the BMW 540i Wagon and the Subaru WRX, good wagons that FLY!!!!

Tox - having never owned one, you may be right. But heck, if you can afford 90k for a SUV who cares!! I did buy my 89 Mustang GT Convertible instead of a 2 yearold 944 for the reason you mention. Mine was faster 0-60 then the 944 but the 944 with a 50-50 weight distribution did corner better!

Rob - That's why I like it and the BMW 540i Wagon and the Subaru WRX, good wagons that FLY!!!!

Tox - having never owned one, you may be right. But heck, if you can afford 90k for a SUV who cares!! I did buy my 89 Mustang GT Convertible instead of a 2 yearold 944 for the reason you mention. Mine was faster 0-60 then the 944 but the 944 with a 50-50 weight distribution did corner better!

Ok Trep,

We get the picture!!!!!! I do like your choice with the WRX. That is one fast little pumped up rally car. I'd like to keep one in the back of my truck for those "fun" days driving around the countryside. If you get the Porsche, you better let your wife drive you around, cause I don't think you can handle it!!!! J/K...

Oh yea, you should enter as many one person tourneys as possible!!!

Bob G.

First - Sorry for the triple post, stupid user error!!!

Bob - I'm waiting to see what the Turbo pumped Legacy and Forester versions will look like. I know Subaru is bringing the much higher HP STI to one-up Mitsu's Lancer Evolution. I'd prefer something more mid-size then compact in the turbo all-wheel drive wagon space.

Mac - Now you're talking Big Dog!! Bring it on!!! My Dad's golfing buddie (an insurance agent) told me at 14 "Son, you should go to school to be a Lawyer or a Politician 'cause you can spew the BS with the best of them!!!" Would I spend 88K on ANY vehicle - Nope, not if Beka has anything to say!!!! Now go back and finish customizing my box of T-shirts and the ones for the boys!!! Just drop me an e-mail with the total and the check is in the mail!!

TOX -

Back in 1984, I bought my first SUV - a Chevrolet S-10 that I paid about $18.000 for..... It was going to be that or a 944..... Back then, the 944 was in my price range - you could get one for about $20,000! Now, that wasn't an "S" or Turbo - but it was still a 944! I still wouldn't mind having one today! Red!!

me!

Heck if I had 90k that would give me a perfect outfit, A brand new 4x4 Ford F350 power stroke duely with a brand new 929 totally outfitted, with some to spare for new rods and reels.(could finally the rods I really want and even be able to afford a guided trip with ya tox)

no ... the Dakota will look abit different... I will see if I can find a picture

Mike L - Don't want to!! Especialy now with a 3 yr/36k warranty on the factory trany!! And YES i'd realy take that 90 and put 25 cash for a decent 1 year old wagon (subaru or car based SUV), buy a NEW Tundra for 25k and put 40 into retirement!!!

Trep - Save your money on the "tiny mobiles" and the new house and get one of these...and move into it! LOL!!
2002 HD.jpg

Dan J.,

You have good taste in trucks!!! Is that a 1500HD or 2500HD? It looks like a 1500HD. I have the 2002 1500HD w/3.73 gears. Either way, they're awesome tow vehicles!!

Bob G.
CrewCab2.jpg

That's right Bob! Great minds think alike! (LOL!!) The 1500 rides much smoother than the 2500, which made it easy to choose for long tows. I love it and will be in another for next season.

Latest posts

Back