ok bob... i could use a few thoughts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
I have a new z-8, 250 ProXS on the back, 26 P fury prop - light tournament load (1/2 tank of gas) and I have to tell the guy next to me to jump up front to get on plane once livewell are full. I'm @ 3 1/2" prop to pad with a 10" manual jack. No PVS plugs in prop. I took it back after i bought it and the dealer said the hotfoot needed to be adjusted I was only getting 80% throttle. But still don't see a big jump in numbers after adjusting it. What can I do to increase holeshot without sacrificing speed (i've already hit 80 and I haven't gone above 5800 RPM)...... thoughts?

Couple of suggestions. You have a fast boat, no doubt. To get the speeds your getting, you need weight bias towards the rear, hence the "slow" holeshot.....so...

1. Afterplanes. As ugly as they are, they do help tremendously in situations like yours. Also, jack-plate "block-off plates". They eliminate the water from getting trapped up inside when the boat digs a hole trying to get out....and act as another planing surface. EVERYONE who drag races uses some sort of assist.

2. Trophy over-through {small} hub prop, 4-blade. Try one in a 26" if you can borrow one.

3. Motor height. Keep going "up" until the water pressure drops from norm, you loose speed, or lift. Contrary to belief, raising the engine HELPS the hole-shot on some boats.

4. Transom wedges. If you aren't using ALL the trim to get top end, a little more negative tuck will push the bow down.

;)

Latest posts

Back