Odd piece of wood in bow?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to put in a trolling motor pan and I noticed this piece of wood around the place I need to cut. It doesn't seem to be supporting anything though. Does anyone know if this is safe to cut a chunk out of?
image1 - Copy.jpeg

A zoomed out pic may help., not sure what part you want to cut.
Its the rectangular piece of wood in the very front of the boat, not that piece where the carpet is missing... the top and sides don't seem to be connected to anything.

What year and model is your boat? If yours is close in years to mine, I can check mine to see if I have the same setup. If so, I'll do a close examination to see if I can determine the purpose.

Sorry it took so long to reply. Had a bit of trouble finding this thread. I've looked at my boat and it has a similar board. It is there to strengthen the hull. Cutting a small portion of the top of the board shouldn't compromise the purpose for the board. I wouldn't cut a notch any deeper than 1/3rd of the board. Hope this helps.

Sorry it took so long to reply. Had a bit of trouble finding this thread. I've looked at my boat and it has a similar board. It is there to strengthen the hull. Cutting a small portion of the top of the board shouldn't compromise the purpose for the board. I wouldn't cut a notch any deeper than 1/3rd of the board. Hope this helps.
Thanks, looks like I will have to trim it a little for the trolling pedal pan....

So its actually a 1/4 inch piece of wood that just divides the bow from a storage compartment...

So its actually a 1/4 inch piece of wood that just divides the bow from a storage compartment...
Mine is a quite a bit further away from the storage compartment. Far enough towards the bow that it's past the pedestal seat hole and not near enough to the storage compartment to serve as a separator. My boat is quite a bit older so that would likely be the difference in construction.

Latest posts

Back