NY Fingers Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herndonpro

Reaction score

My family is trying to plan our vacation for next year. If you were going to rent a house on on of the Finger Lakes for a week in early September, with quality bass fishing being the most important factor, which lake would you stay on?

My preference would actually be to go to Oneida Lake, but I am having a hard time finding a house on the area of the lake we want to stay big enough to accommodate the number of people we will have. We were there right after Labor Day in 2007 and had a great time. We are looking to do it again next year, but the house we rented is now only a long term rental. We would probably have 9 to 11 people and want to be water front. This make it easy for me to come in for a couple of hours spend a little time with the family and then hop back in the boat and get back to fishing.

I have done internet searches, but there are not that many choices coming up, especially for the size house we need. I would prefer to stay mid lake or down on the Brewerton end.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve - Go to the web site www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owners). It will get you off the normal realtor type rentals. Let us know what you find.

Bill

I can't remember which of the Finger Lakes is reported to have the best fishing. However, give Saranac Lake a research. It is in the scenic Adirondack area and has very good fishing. In fact, you may remember the fishing tournaments held there a while back on TV. Good bass fishing.

Latest posts

Back