NX882 Cooler

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Guffey

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on sealing the cooler under the passenger seat up when the seat closes? 10 lb bag of ice will only last about 3 hours on a good hot day. Any of you guys remedied this already?

I use that area for storage and bring a cooler that fits under the passenger console. Mine never kept ice very well either.

I have a single console so the extra cooler idea is out for me. I may be a little OCD about floor space lol. I'm looking at adding a rubber gasket to the opening to make sure the passenger seat seals off good maybe it'll help some. Jimmybass2 I hadn't thought about the drain hole, thanks I'll be sure to try and plug that up as well.

In my 929 the cooler was in the floor which, in the summer, kept it nice and toasty:lol: What I did was take a Styrofoam cooler that I got Omaha Steaks in (yum yum), and cut 5 pieces out of it to fit the cooler (4 sides and bottom). I lost some interior space to the cooler but it kept ice all day and when it got grungy, I just made another set.:cool:

What i found on my 882 was that one load of ice was not enough. What i would do is put some in before i left the house(i found it a great way to get rid of the ice from my fridge so it didn't go stale) and before i arrived at the lake i would stop at a gas station and get some more. That second load would last all day no problem. The first load would cool everything down including the cooler itself and the second would keep it that way.

Your fighting a losing battle. I have dealt with this same issue in my 882 for years. I found its easier to take a cooler that will fit in one of the compartments behind the seats on the back deck. I would put ice in my cooler under the seat and it would be melted before i got to the lake.

On a second note.....do you have any issues with the compartment under the drivers seat staying dry? If I ever get caught in the rain that compartment stays wet for days and days......

Yeah my driver compartment does the same thing. I just sit a fan to where it'll blow in it to dry faster.

My drivers seat compartment got wet too. found out the hard way when my sospenders i was storing in there inflated one day during a heavy rain....

Latest posts

Back