not getting water thru pressure gauge hose

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnieVee

Reaction score
90 Hp Mariner, replaced water pump impeller and all gaskets and seals. did not see a seal or anything that seals around the port for water pressure. when running I have water coming out of the hole that the shifter comes thru, but not out of the hose. Is there something I am missing?

Hey Johnnie are you talking about the small black hose that attaches to the the barbed fitting on the lower unit? If so that’s not for water pressure that’s the speedo hose. The water pressure connection is on the back of the block under the engine cowling. Most of the Tracker boats use a white plastic hose for water pressure. It’s not uncommon for trash to get in that hose.disconnect the hose from the back of the w/p gauge and the back of the engine blow air through it. One other thing to consider is the these engines don’t develop a lot of water pressure at idle. Minimum pressure at idle is only 2 psi. Hoe this helps.

Need to find the barb fitting, should be where the wire cluster comes out of the back of the motor to the boat. The hose will come off the barb . I took a small tie wrap and put it on the hose to hold it to the barb. Hope this helps.

thanks guys, it is the lower section that I was referring to. The boat does not have a gauge on it. Is it normal for water to come out of the shifter shaft area when the engine is running?

Latest posts

Back