No electric power

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre Sloan

Reaction score
Here's the problem. First, boat is a 1997 700LX with a Tracker 120. Boat was running fine, idle up to shore and put it in Reverse and the engine died. Tried a restart and no power. Here's what was dead. Ignition, acc. position on ignition( no fuel gage, voltmeter etc.) and electric trim. Checked fuses under dash and on engine, all good. While messing with the throttle control putting it in and out of gear, trim comes to life and we start. I shut down and again no power. I wiggle the control thinking its the nuetral safety switch but that shouldn't kill all power? One thing is that when it happened, I could not go to the Reverse position while sittig there. It felt like it was binding. Probably coincidence. Got started again after fiddling and never happened again. Reverse is still not smooth though. Cable adjustment?

prpjt-

It's your throttle control...

Mine did the same thing when BRAND NEW!

Dealer replaced it twice before it worked right...

As I remember, there is a certain model/year that was recalled by the manufacturer...

others here should know which model it was...

300? 400? one of those...

az

Any follow up on this? My Pro-17 is doing something that sounds like exactly the same thing, and I can't find what is causing this issue. Thanks.

-Aaron

Latest posts

Back