Nitro Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made this inquiry in another thread, but thought I might get more feedback through a general post. I'm considering buying a Z7 Sport in the near future. I currently have a 2007Nitro 482. It doesn't handle as well as I would like. Does anyone have experience with the Z7 series? Are there any handling problems? Does the boat list either right or left on the hole shot or when coming off plane? Any problems that you have had that I should be aware of? I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks! Charlie Martin

I have a 2015 Z7 with a 175 Mercury. I love this rig! No problems...handles well except when on plane in rough water. No hole shot problems at all. I can have it on plane at 45 - 50 mph within about 3-5 seconds.

I have a Z7 try and get a 175 hp the 150 is a little under powered for this rig. Don't get me wrong it wil perform well just a little under powered for this boat.

I made this inquiry in another thread, but thought I might get more feedback through a general post. I'm considering buying a Z7 Sport in the near future. I currently have a 2007Nitro 482. It doesn't handle as well as I would like. Does anyone have experience with the Z7 series? Are there any handling problems? Does the boat list either right or left on the hole shot or when coming off plane? Any problems that you have had that I should be aware of? I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks! Charlie Martin
I have a 2010 Z7 with a 200 optimax, the boat handles great. I start getting a little chine walk in the low 60's, but other than that it's perfect.

Thanks for the input to all who responded. I'm a little more confident now about my. Ext purchase. And Merry Christmas!

Mine will do the same it want to turn left but I was told cause I don't have no power steering and I got used to it already it's 2005

Latest posts

Back