NITRO Z7 MOTOR UPGRADE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Wagner

Reaction score
NITRO Z7 MOTOR UPGRADE

I have been told by numerous salesmen that Nitro Z7 boats should not be upgraded to 200 HP for safety concerns and in fact, the 2012 model will only be rated for 150 HP. I am curious if anyone has heard the same thing.

Al

Haven't heard, but will check into it...if it were up to me I'd put a Pro Xs 250 on a Nitro z-6....:lol::lol::lol::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Check out this link, there have been a few discussions about this on BBC in the last few months:

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=665563

- Justin

The last one I saw at BPS still had the 200hp rating, but it was probably a 2011, I didn't look.

Tracker told us that the 150 was the best fishing and performance package on that boat. Unsafe was never mentioned. It was only offered in a 150 for 2011.

You could smell the smoke they were blowing couldn't you? Some guys would be unsafe with a 90 hp on their boat.

A Salesman NOT trying to upsell???? Something doesnt sound right about that. But yes, Frayed is correct, on BBC, there are a lot of gents who are running 200s on the Z7s and talk very highly of them (of course). Enjoy it, and at whatever HP you get, be safe!

I couldn't agree more with Phillip - I'm more concerned in the person that is running the boat, than the motor size most of the time.

I was in a tourney one time with a guy that fished 'all the time' and had a Skeeter. Almost threw me out of the boat on a 'regular day' and I did lose two poles overboard because he didn't not diddley about running a boat.

Tex

2012's will be rated for 150. Many times, what is more important than max horsepower is persons capacity, fuel tank size, etc. You have to juggle it all around.....compromises...:blink:

Latest posts

Back