Nitro Z6 stock fishfinder and transducer instalation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remy

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently purchased a Nitro Z6 and it has the stock Lowrance Mark5 fishfinder mounted on the console. However, the transducer is missing and I dont know what the replacement part would be? I believe this was installed inside the hull?

Also, I have a Solix that I would liek to install but i dont know where exactly am I to mount the transducer. I've seen sone pictures with the transducer placed in the centre of the transom just beneath the jackplate and some pictures with the transducer set on the right corner of the transom...whats the best place to have it as I am very confused to be honest? thank you all

Remy,

I think the Z17 and Z6 are similar, I haven't confirmed it yet but I believe in the Z17 the rear in hull transducer is under the HPDE panel the trolling motor batteries are mounted on in the center rear compartment. Does it look like your trolling motor battery is mounted on a black plastic panel back there? One thing to note I just swapped from an older Lowrance to newer unit at my dash and there was a conversion cable available to use my old in hull transducer. Its working well enough that I'm in no rush but I will probably mount a more capable transducer in the future but I'm fine for now. Probably not a conversion that works for all units but could be worth checking into as you navigate mounting a more capable transducer.

Hi Bill, sorry if I didnt make myself clear...I was talking about the external transducer for my Solix? What is the best spot to have it installed, in teh middle of the transom just beneath the jackplate as I seen some pictures here or on the right hand corner? Thank you so much

Remy, No worries. I've got to make the same research for adding an external transducer to have my system more capable. The one thing I've seen are these mounting plates that attach to the hull with 3M adhesive and you mount the transducer to that rather than drilling into hull. I think I will give one a try when I mount mine.
Let me know if you make progress on a good mounting location as I think we have similar hull.
Bill

Latest posts

Back