Nitro Z19 Fury Prop Vent Plugs??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rps2156

Reaction score
Anyone running vent plugs on they're Fury Prop?
Z19 with Pro XS 200 ,,Fury 25p..
Run all open ,,or using them?
Thx..Ric....

I have a 25 Fury and Mercury says no plugs.

I removed all 3 plugs,, Now rockets outta the hole and breaks over at 3500 Rpm.. .10in Hydrolic Atlas,, P2P 3inches .. have hit jus over 71 GPS, 2 big guys,, 3/4 tank of gas.. no gear.. Happy with it..

Dealer told me run 1 plug in my 25 P Fury 3 blade. I run better with no plugs. Running an 8 in Jack Plate.

I bought a 2021 Z20 Pro with the 250 Mercury Pro XS and it's all still pretty new to me. Could someone explain what those plugs in the prop do? My dealer put them in and said I should experiment with the performance and see what I like better. It has the Fury 24P 3 blade prop and I just don't think that I'm getting out of the hole up on pad as quickly as I should be.

Thanks for your rapid responses! I’m going to remove them before I go fishing again. This is my first real bass boat… I’ve had combination bass ski boats and never really worried about these kind of issues. This has been a real learning experience…hydraulic Jack plate, one boat network, talons…

Vents in the prop allows exhaust to flow through the holes during takeoff. This will let the prop slip more during takeoff for the motor to build rpms to increase the HP to get the boat on plain easier.
It the prop slips to much, or/and causes the motor to over rev then you will need to plug one hole at a time until the boat preforms properly.
Either way is should not effect your performance once the boat is on plain.

My 2019 Z20Pro has a Mercury 225 ProXS P23 Fury prop, no holes plugged and this boat explodes out of the holeshot. Chine walk is still an issue starting at 68 mph gps.

I’m new to an adjustable hydraulic Jack plate and I’m trying to figure out how to position it while accelerating in conjunction with trimming the motor. Any suggestions? I have a console Jack plate gauge with the range of 1-20 with 20 being all the way up.

I’m new to an adjustable hydraulic Jack plate and I’m trying to figure out how to position it while accelerating in conjunction with trimming the motor. Any suggestions? I have a console Jack plate gauge with the range of 1-20 with 20 being all the way up.

UncleBuck
I would start out with the jack plate all the way down, then when on plane start trimming out until on pad, then come up with the jack plate a little at a time while looking at your water pressure gage so not to run out of water. Also your speed should be going up, look back and see that your roster tail should be no higher then the top of the motor. You may have to trim in a little to eliminate prop slip. And note the number on the jack plate gage. That should give you a starting point.

Pulled one prop plug and noticed a slight improvement on the hole shot. Went fishing again and pulled another prop plug (2 total) and it was a very notable change. I’m removing the 3rd one before my next fishing trip and I’m sure it will be even better. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back