Nitro Z-8 vs Nitro Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
WEnt to the Bass Pro Shops to see some boats this weekend as I plan on getting a new one this winter.

The Z-8 seemed very big and just a very clean setup, I also loved the Z-7. I was hoping to see what you all think, besides the 2' diffrence would be worth the extra money for the Z-8? I do want a tandem trailer so I may have no choice, I will have to look into that more. Thanks

Just a heads up, but instead of buying new, there are great deals to be had on Z8's that are loaded from pro-staffers looking to get rid of their 1 yr old to get a new one. Let me know if you are interested as I know a couple currently needing to sell.

as far as comparing, I am in the same situation. I would love the z8, but don't really NEED that big a boat and not sure I can justify and extra 10K or so. What are the major differences besides the size? they look pretty similar except for the livewells.

I do like the "dash" setup on the Z-8 Better for sure, but they are both very nice boats. I do wish the Back Deck was a bit bigger on both boats. They dont seem to put my in mind for the back boater. It seems the Z-7 and Z-8 both have a smaller back deck than my 17'5" Bass Tracker.

I am interested in whether or not I want a dual console.. Do other boats have larger back decks? SKeeter, triton etc?

jason,

look at Mike Mac's post in the swap and sell.

he is also listed on Bubba Bassin. His Z8 is rigged with a 250 proxs. it is a sweet rig. If I was in teh market that is the boat i would buy.

Drop him a line i am sure he would be happy to get out for a test drive.

GregD

I just bought my Z-7 in March and love it so far. I would love to own a Z-8 because bigger is always better correct?:D

I tell you what, I will sell you my 2009 Z-7 w/175xs for $26,000 and then I will turn around and by one of those barely used Z-8's! See we both win.. LOL...

I bought my Z-7 in April, looks just like KLSU, one of us has really good taste! So far I have no complaints about this boat, sure a bigger boat looks good, but at the end of the day my fuel use is low, it handles the lakes I fish, and it runs as fast as this fat boy wants to go. Now if it would learn to catch bigger fish I would be happy. The training will continue soon.

I think it depends on the water you will be fishing. If there are no large lakes and the wind does'nt blow to hard then the Z7 but I can tell you in South Tx, size matters.

if you want a dual axle trailer, the Z-7 is out...Ii fought to get one, and was told no way.

Yes I think I want a tandem axle trailer..I was thinking that made the Z-8 the only choice. But we'll see. I have to sit in them both once more.

I just rode in my first Z8 two weeks ago and was very impressed.Great hole shot,excelent speed and the boat handled and fished awesome.I can't compare it to a Z7 because I have never ridden in one but I have an 898 and it is by far better than it. I was really impressed with the fuel mileage. It has a 225 Pro XS and we went 120 miles on the breakin period and only used 12 gallons of fuel.But we never got above 4500 rpm's. We have big water and alot of big boats here and that is why we go with the longer boats.

Jason,

I just shot you an email again. we need to hook up for sure.

TRCM is right, no tandem on the Z7. it would be a nice to have thing but on a boat that size its not a must have. The single tows just fine.

As far as wind and waves goes the z7 does just fine on the lakes around here. The big lakes to get windy and wavy but the z7 will handle them just fine. For instance this is what i delt with on Sat(not the worst of the day but a good example) and i was passing bigger boats that dont ride as well....

IMG_0349.JPG

Latest posts

Back