Nitro Z-6 W/ 115 optimax

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey does anyone out there have a Z-6 nitro with a 115 optimax if so let me know i have some performance questions for you. Thanks

a bunch of problems. such as the boat creeps out of the whole extremely slow when there are 2 people in the boat a full gas tank and a full livewell, the steering pulls very hard even when we ajust the trim tab on the motor. and the boat takes a good 20 seconds to plain out. what do u suggest i do? and i have no new emails.

I have a Z6 with a 115. A 115 needs to spin some RPM to make power. It's a 3 cylinder, not a V6. I had the same problem with the stock 21p Laser, so I switched to a 19p Trophy Plus (4 blade). It took awhile to dial in the PVS plugs, but when dialed in it's a different boat. I weigh 250+ and with two people and a full live well it hits 3000rpm and takes off (no mater where the trim is set). With a 19p and a light load it will over rev a little so be careful. This prop does hurt my top speed a little compared to the 21p, but if top speed was my #1 goal I'd have got a bigger boat/motor combo in the first place.

Bill

I have a Z-6 w/115 opti, I was not happy the 1st season I used it due to vibration while idling, poor hole shot and boat would lean to drivers side. All this has been fixed, I'm now very happy. Got factory rep. involved and BPS finally test drove the boat to see 1st hand. They fixed it by moving battery to other side and trying many different props until they got it right. Since I run at 5,000 ft. my final prop wouldn't work for you. Suggest you do what I did and have your dealer take boat to local lake with lots of props. The 21p prop is really set up for top end, I was more interested in a good whole shot with 2 people and full livewell. I'm now very happy with boat, and my lake has a 35 mph speed limit anyway. The boat runs a 45 with no prob. with the 16p smaller prop.

I hope this helps, this boat can be fixed.

tom

Latest posts

Back