Nitro/Tracker Marine Did It Again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD Johnson

Reaction score
The teering wheel on my boat came gerry rigged from the factory and the top cover did not fit the wheel properly. I took the wheel off and into T/M and they ordered a new one. I got the new wheel about two weeks ago minus the top cover and trim which was what was screwed up. They thought it ame complete until it arrived. They ordered the other part and it showed up today via UPS. Now I see why the first one was gerry rigged.

The wheel has three holes for bolting the top cover on with the studds mounted on it. The cover has two holes and they are about a half inch to close together to match the wheel. The girls that ordered it took pictures of everything to send to the factory and serched the database and the factory still sent the wrong stuff. I wonder if they quit making half of the wheel so they figure they will just gerry rig newer parts to older parts and the heck with the customer or quality? I don't know why manufacturers can't pay attention to qulity details and quit cutting corners. Then they turn around and cry that people don't buy American.

I will take all of this back and see what they say but those 70 mile round trips sure get old.:(

JDJ

It's called QUALITY CONTROL! And Tracker has always been suckin' hind tit when it comes to quality and making sure that this junk doesn't make it out of the factory PERIOD!

I'm so sick and tired of any company that tries to hide behind quality issues when they need to take care of things at hand.

I still don't understand why Tracker Marine doesn't keep closer tabs on their dealers:angry:

Been there and done it so, I'm off the box now;)

Gee, what do I have to look forward to on my new boat I just ordered, since its the same as yours JDJ, my dealer says everything will be peeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrfect

Just make sure EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is working and up to par and a ride on the lake before the ink is dry Mike and you should be O.K.:unsure:

All minor stuff, knife marks from the mold in the hull, scratches, steering wheel not lined up properly, steering wheel trim not being right for the wheel (twice), connector for the speedo not having a hole in it so the speedo will work. Just imagine a bunch of twelve year olds putting it together in a hurry and you got it. I like my Nitro though, I just wish they had a quality control department to inspec as they were being built and inspect the final product before shipping.

BTW: BPS Nashville is trying to resolve it but they are t the factories mercy I guess.

Mke, Listen to TEE!!! If you refuse to sign until a test drive, they will do it. They might ***** about it, but they will do it.

Our Tracker dealer hemed and hawed about my "test drive" request, but when I told him that I was ready to sign as soon as the test drive was over (assuming everything checked out), he got a truck and we were off to the lake. I even told him that I would walk w/o a test drive.

Steve

If it hadn't been for the credit union backin' me a little...I think I woulda' got stuck with a piece of poo vs. my good 02' 185:(

Credit Union informed them of no deal if I was not happy...needless to say I got a NEW boat from the factory that was made one month prior. Took only two more weeks but, I never wanna' go thru that again:(

well, thanx for the advice guys, I'll say that, all I know is the dealer is tellin me they will set the motor and run it on Blue Marsh to make sure its set up the way I want it, but now after this thread, I'll tell them no sign till i ride!!!! Thanx again........

JDJ

If you figure out the part number on the cover for the steering wheel give me an email, [email protected]. I lost mine earlier in the season on the way to Tennesse. Mine came off due to the fact I had the steering wheel bunji corded to keep the motor in place.

Donnie

I've got the wrong one sitting here in the boxes in front of me if you want that. <G> I'm gonna try to get back up there one day this week and see if they can figure it out.

Yeah if it will fit I will take it. What color is it? What year was your boat?

Donnie

Donnie,

My boat is an '05 189 Sport. I have to return the old parts for them to HOPEFULLY exchamge them for the right ones this time. This is a warrantee issue.

Latest posts

Back