Nitro stereo/speaker location(s)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Burke

Reaction score
I have an NX750 SC with a stereo mounted under the console and I'm trying to find a good place to mount the speakers. Last year I mounted a couple of el-cheapo Jensen box speakers (on brackets) to the right and left of the driver/passenger seats. This only required a few screw holes that would be covered by carpet if I remove them. At the time I couldn't imagine cutting into the glass. This year I would like to upgrade the sound. Where do you guys have your speakers mounted? Any comments would be appreciated.

At home in my entertainment center. I'm too busy fishin to listen to tunes. LOL. Being a guide, my boat is all business and a single console. I have tried fishing with head phones but it just distracts me. One track mind I guess. There are a lot of rigs with steros so I'm sure someone can help you. If it were me, I'd probably do some kind of mount in the lower console area to avoid cutting the glass (cringe).

TOXIC

I have a 700lxdc and when I bought it, it had speakers on each side mounted just above and forward of the drink holders,works well , i'll try to get you pictures this weekend.

Sorry I just noticed that you have a single console so it would be a different setup, oooops.

Do you have any drink holders you don't use? In my pro 17 I popped out two of the holders, dropped in speakers,and put on covers.The holes are perfect size for 5in speakers I believe.

On my 882 882 there is a board on the drivers side that came there to hide the wires, i put one speaker there and bullt another just like itfor the passenger console. Since i have a dual it was easy and works/looks great.

btw if you want some great sound take a look at bose 131 marine speakers. I have them in my boat and they are great.
http://www.bose.com/home_audio/env_speakers/131/

With the SC set up on bass boats stereo installation can be challenging and usually requires some creativity and guts(cutting in to the fiberglass). The speaker in the cup holder area sounds neat except regardless of marine or non-marine speakers, a horizontal installation is asking for water contamination problems. You may loose some storage space but my opinion is to mount vertically either under the seats or up front in the storage areas. You will need a rotozip or a dremel and a pre-cut plywood template is a good idea. Attach the template to the fiberglass area if possible and cut your hole in a clock wise direction. Really not as scary as it seems. Just take your time.

Latest posts

Back