Nitro ruled the weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Puhalski

Reaction score
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Nitro swept the local tournaments this past weekend.

Friday night my 13 year old son and I did a 11 boat tourney on our home lake. We have a 8 fish team limit and fish from 6:15PM to 10:15 PM. W had our 8 before dark including my sons 4 pounder. After it got dark we hit a small weed bed were we had caught 5 earlier. My son decided it was time to show the big boys how to do it right. In 20 minutes he boat a 3 1/2 and and 4 1/2 pounder that culled out a 12' and a 12 1/2" largemouth. Final tally: 3'rd place had 6.00 pounds, 2'nd had 6.41 pounds, and the boy and I had 21.44 pounds plus lunker of a 4.58

Sunday fished a 16 boat team club tourney with a 7 fish limit. My regular partner and I figured we were on to things when I boated a 3 pound smallie 15 minutes in to the event. We then went fishless for quite awhile get a 13" LMB off a point, then go to a hump and work it for 45 minutes. Just as we are talking of leaving, get a 3 1/2 pound largemouth. It's now 1 O'clock and weigh in is at three. Hit a new bank I had never been on before and found a lone smallie willing to eat my bait. Now with only a half hour left, we hit a weedbed around a tiny rocky island. Within ten minutes I get a 4 pounder and another decent fish. Time to take our 6 fish to the scales and be happy. (My partner's not to happy, he didn't catch a fish all day!) When the scales are closed we take 1'st place with 15.70 pounds and lunker!

Very profitable weekend. Until the fuel pump on my truck crapped out. I'll be picking that up tonight and paying my brother in law the mechanic $164.00. So much for my weekends winnings.

Alls I know is the boys in corner of the state are keeping there eyes open for the black/red Nitro.

Actually have thought about that some, but he doesn't have the patience unless the fish are keeping him busy, and, unfortunatley, that doesn't happen often enough. His day will come though. His 14 year old buddy across the street is also a terror on the water. I'm sure once one of them is old enough to have their own tow vehicle, theyll be out spanking the old boys quiet frequently.

Latest posts

Back