Nitro Boat Covers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the boat covers that come with the Nitro boats are waterproof?

The one I have certainly is- Its thick. It's also trailerable. These have ratchets on the side to pull slack out of an edge cord to bind in under the rub rail. I haven't had mine on the boat siince I installed the Ultrex Troll Motor. I've noticed that the stowed unit stands up taller than my original Fortrex but I don't think it will be an issue even for trailering with a cover.

Larry, what brand cover did you get. I'm looking to replace mine and want a good one.

Nebrvet, The waterproof cover came with the my boat when I bought it new in 2017. I had purchase another light cover to use as a dust cover since my garage is not fully enclosed or if I'm out overnight from time to time just to keep the dew from collecting in the boat at night. I did a post somwhere here recently with a link to the company- National Boat Covers. That cover was purchased for my old 20' Stratos boat, some yeasrs ago and I just carried it forward. To get a decent one that will last you will need to spend between $200 and $300. I found the Nitro cover that came with the boat just too bulky for a quick on and off cover. Mine has a secton on back that covers the engine top as well. The cover is all one piece.

The one I have certainly is- Its thick. It's also trailerable. These have ratchets on the side to pull slack out of an edge cord to bind in under the rub rail. I haven't had mine on the boat siince I installed the Ultrex Troll Motor. I've noticed that the stowed unit stands up taller than my original Fortrex but I don't think it will be an issue even for trailering with a cover.
Thanks again. So the bow area must be padded to prevent the trolling motor from pushing thru while trailering.

DONAOL,

Yes, my dust cover is very durable but not trailerable. The NITRO heavy cover is more or less form fit to the Troll Motor on the front section.
Thanks. Good to know. I've never trailered with my trolling motor mounted on the bow. Always placed it on the floor locking it in place.

My cover came with boat. I just trailered it’s from Maryland to Florida and back. No issues at all! It is waterproof. I did lay some towels over my trolling motor head and prop for extra padding. The padding that is part of the cover is sufficient though.

Great. I have been padding the trolling motor and and the ladder. Really nice fit but it need more material in all three corners of this boat. My Z19 can with a lot of quality issues. Small hole in dash, left over glue on dash, marks on the bimini frame, marks on dash, hull full of plastic, fiberglass, metal pieces. Its laid up three at leash three days because it's taking on water after 2nd trip out 3hr on boat.

My cover came with boat. I just trailered it’s from Maryland to Florida and back. No issues at all! It is waterproof. I did lay some towels over my trolling motor head and prop for extra padding. The padding that is part of the cover is sufficient though.
Hello Jimmy, glad you made it home safely. The bite is picking up a bit, I found a new spot with cattails, they were in there. They're hitting the grub hard..

Attachments

• GOPR0050.JPG
    GOPR0050.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back