Nitro 882 Livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickolas Rudolph

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm new to the forum. I've just purchased a new (to me) 2001 nitro 882 nx. I took it out today and couldn't figure out the livewell. It would only fill on the middle knob (auto/aux/fill/manual) turned to manual fill. It would run for maybe a minute, and I would have to turn the knob to the left and back to the right to get it to run and fill some more. Over and over and over again I had to turn the knob. Then when I went to leave, it wouldn't drain. I have no idea how to get it to drain.....HELP!!! What does the manual knob under the throttle have to do with it? And how do I get it to recirculate? It has a dual livewell with the pump in to the right side and what appears to be another pump on the left side that did nothing today. As well as two overflows, one on each side in the back. And a drain in the bottom with a filter/mesh screen over it. What are all these different parts for?

Switch under throttle must be on fill to hold the water. There is a wire attached from that switch to a valve that controls the flow of water. How is the knob under the throttle labeled???
Recirculating or PumpOut (up/down) or something else? it is a manual selector switch that controls the water flow valves to fill, empty or recirculate the water in the livewells

It has a dual livewell with the pump in to the right side and what appears to be another pump on the left side that did nothing today. As well as two overflows, one on each side in the back. And a drain in the bottom with a filter/mesh screen over it. What are all these different parts for?

The ones with a screen over them is not the drain, its to prevent sucking up debris into the pumps as it sucks water IN. Overflows (as you call them) are drains when it pumps out (or the bilge pumps out when its turned on). Do you have 2 livewells or just ONE - other pump could be just the bilge pump. The selector level under the throttle uses valves to control how the livewell works.

Oh and pardon my manners for not properly welcoming you to the funny farm - oh oh I mean the forums :D

Welcome!
It is raining so hard that I have not departed for my deer stand, but Google "Live Wells and Live Well diagrams", and see if you can find a picture and a diagram close to your system. Pictures to me are worth a thousand words. You might also find that it has been modified.

Back