Nitro 640lx Ticking Under Dash

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moss1972

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am new here. I just bought a 2002 Nitro. When I was looking at the boat everything on the boat checked out with flying colors except I heard a steady ticking sound from underneath the drivers console. I traced the sound to what looked to be a solenoid of some sort. It had a five or six pin connector which I pulled out and the ticking stopped. Plugging it back in the ticking resumes.

If I touch the side of the unit I can actually feel a slight Pulsing feeling.

I do not have the boat yet and look forward to solving this puzzle. I am hoping that somebody on here with experience might be able to lead me in a particular direction.

dc95704e110ee56ffd48139963458364.jpg

Steve in NH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody, I am new here. I just bought a 2002 Nitro. When I was looking at the boat everything on the boat checked out with flying colors except I heard a steady ticking sound from underneath the drivers console. I traced the sound to what looked to be a solenoid of some sort. It had a five or six pin connector which I pulled out and the ticking stopped. Plugging it back in the ticking resumes.

If I touch the side of the unit I can actually feel a slight Pulsing feeling.

I do not have the boat yet and look forward to solving this puzzle. I am hoping that somebody on here with experience might be able to lead me in a particular direction.

dc95704e110ee56ffd48139963458364.jpg

Steve in NH

Larry's right it is the live well timer, it's probably red in color looks about 1" in dia. and about 2" long. You can pick one up at your local dealer.

Larry's right it is the live well timer, it's probably red in color looks about 1" in dia. and about 2" long. You can pick one up at your local dealer.

When I bought the boat I was told that the live well pump does not work. We found out the ticking was in fact the timer. Whether I put the timer on auto or manual it just ticks.

The live well pump is under the gas tank and very difficult to reach. I’m not sure if the pump is bad or if the timer is bad.

Probably just Try replacing the timer and see what happens.

When I bought the boat I was told that the live well pump does not work. We found out the ticking was in fact the timer. Whether I put the timer on auto or manual it just ticks.

The live well pump is under the gas tank and very difficult to reach. I’m not sure if the pump is bad or if the timer is bad.

Probably just Try replacing the timer and see what happens.

It's easy to check just locate the wires from the pump and try to trace them to the fuse panel and switch. The colors will be brown with a white tracer and a black wire. Disconnect and add 12v or cut them both at a easy to get at spot and add 12v and see if the pump comes on. You got to eliminate the switch, timer, or pump.

It's easy to check just locate the wires from the pump and try to trace them to the fuse panel and switch. The colors will be brown with a white tracer and a black wire. Disconnect and add 12v or cut them both at a easy to get at spot and add 12v and see if the pump comes on. You got to eliminate the switch, timer, or pump.

True...will diagnose before I buy anything.

To anybody reading this or following this, the reason that the live well timer was checking was because the pump was bad. I replace the pump and the system is now working.

Latest posts

Back