Nitro 482 speed issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiele

Reaction score
Hello everybody, this is my first topic. I recently bought a Nitro 482 (2007 model, single console, with very low hours on its Mercury Optimax 115). And I found out some general problems with the boat, especially the top speed (the boat leaning to the right is a common problem).

Running with low fuel and light tackle, I can't get past 38-39mph at 5500rpm. I trim all the way up until the engine stops (the gauge indicate 1/4) but that's the maximum speed I reach. What can it be? I checked my engine to a official mechanic from mercury and it is perfect, I have a Laser II 21p prop and what I know from people who owned the same rig, it should go around 51-52mph.

Can it be the engine that is mounted too low (I don't have a jackplate, so test it takes time and money).

Thank you all for the help and sorry for my bad english.

I have a 2006 Nitro with a 115HP Mercury Optimax and can get right at 54MPH out of it with just me and a 1/2 full tank of gas. I am happy with the speed. That speed is with the motor trimmed up to the half way mark on the gauge.

Hello everybody, this is my first topic. I recently bought a Nitro 482 (2007 model, single console, with very low hours on its Mercury Optimax 115). And I found out some general problems with the boat, especially the top speed (the boat leaning to the right is a common problem).

Running with low fuel and light tackle, I can't get past 38-39mph at 5500rpm. I trim all the way up until the engine stops (the gauge indicate 1/4) but that's the maximum speed I reach. What can it be? I checked my engine to a official mechanic from mercury and it is perfect, I have a Laser II 21p prop and what I know from people who owned the same rig, it should go around 51-52mph.

Can it be the engine that is mounted too low (I don't have a jackplate, so test it takes time and money).

Hello, I too have a 2006 Nitro 482 with a 115 Optimax with low hours, but I bought mine new and it too leans to the left when on Plane. I can get mine to 51-52 mph with 3 of us in the boat with a full tank of gas and trimmed half way between 1/4 and 1/2 trim. If I make a slight right turn it planes level but the instant I have to make a turn right or left, the boat sill lean in that direction again. No one has been able to tell me why it leans, not even Bass Pro can give me a straight answer. I still have the boat, still love it, I just deal with it now, but sometimes I can reposition the other 2 guys in the boat and it does somewhat better.

Latest posts

Back