Nitro 290 bilge issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty

Reaction score
This forum looks like a great place to learn .i just bought a 2011 nitro 290 sport.
I love the boat, and think we will enjoy the variety of this style boat.
I would like to ask if anyone owns or knows about this boat ? I have in the water at a marina,in a slip. I have to run the bilge anytime it use it.after sitting 3-4 days in the water it takes 4 to 5 mins of running the bilge to empty it out,is this normal? The bottom has 3 drain holes in a row next to each other.I thought they might be for the live wells,but I'm not sure. If anyone has any insight I would be appreciative .

The first place to look (if sitting in the water) check all intake and discharge ports, all connections around pumps, tee's, diverter valves, if you have any or hoses. Paper towels, dry connections, and do a visual. Other than that is pull out and fill bilge with water and leak check. Also check any external components that have been installed, my new boat (2011) the dealer installed a transom mount transducer and did not seal the screws.

You should really install an auto bilge. Every boat left in the water for extended periods should have one. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back