Nitro 189 sport. 2010. 4 loud beeps every minute or so!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle1357

Reaction score
The boat runs fine, but all of a sudden it gives 4 loud beeps in a row every 1-2 minutes. I've seen a little info on here, but nothing directly. Help!? Thanks

Could be a few different things. Water temp high? Water in the fuel if it's an Optimax? Does the engine slow when alarming? A $30 Manual for the engine goes a long way.

My 2007 with an EFI 150 did that early this year, took to a Merc mechanic, ir was found to be a faulty oil pickup in the oil tank. $300 fix.

I have a two stroke Mercury 150 EFI that was doing similar a few weeks back. It was the oil reservoir float switch. Initially checked it with a meter to confirm it was bad and then replaced the reservoir in about 20 minutes. Problem fixed. I have the service manual for motor, so that helps.

I had a similar problem with a 90 HP 2 stroke Mercury. It is possible to fix the float switch wit a little skill and patience. The plastic float becomes separated from the contact switch. Careful removal of the float, cleaning and superglue.
Vic

Check the float switch on the motor oil tank, sometimes they can separate from the float causing the alarm, this is the most often cause. If that checks out then check the height of oil in oil tank on the motor. Sometimes I have had to fill the tank again to keep the float high enough to keep the alarm from going off. Check to see if there is a hole in the lines from your reserve tank. A pin hole will cause the tank to drop a little at a time.
Also that alarm can indicate water in the fuel water filter.
A solid beep is that the motor is overheating.
This is for a 2 stroke Mecury and I believe Yamaha is similar.

Latest posts

Back