Nitro 185 Sport Restoration.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross Dickson

Reaction score
Posted this over on BBC, but thought I would share with you guys too. I posted a couple of pics in a previous thread, but wanted to get it all together in one thread. Here's a list of what I've done to the boat this winter.

1. Painted both driver and pass consoles, cup holders, and rod storage.

2. New gauges and steering wheel

3. New switch panels (Courtesy of John at thebaitbar.com)

4. New Bass cat 24oz. ash carpet

5. Custom tackle storage

6. Completely rewired trailer lights

7. Resiliconed and fastened the rub rail

8. Wetsanded/buffed paint. (looks like new!)

9. Installed new floor under passenger seat.

10. 2 new polk audio marine speakers under driver and passenger dash, for a total of 4 speakers.

11. New carpeted deck extension.

It has been a massive job! A lot of fun, a lot of work, and a lot of results. Still need to install a new lower unit and custom rod storage, then I think we'll be done. At least for now. :)

There were some times that I though we got in too deep. But, it ended up better than I could have hoped for!

Here are some pics of the job and progress.

Before pics:

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_0891.jpg

Some after pics:

2011-02-23%2020.57.16.jpg

IMG_3220.JPG

2011-02-23%2021.02.48.jpg

2011-02-23%2021.06.44.jpg

New switch panels. (Again, big thanks to John at thebaitbar.com!)

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

2011-02-23%2020.59.06.jpg

IMG_3231.JPG

photo%204.JPG

great job impressed!!! Could you tell me what type of paint u used on the dash? would like to refresh my dash and rod locker. Thanks

Wow.... and I mean Wow!!! FANTASTIC JOB!! You could easily switch your vocation to marine restoration, if you don't do it professionally already. Great job! ;)

Wow. Thanks for all the comments guys! I really appreciate it. Can't wait to get it done and get on the water.

frank-

My brother is really good with painting/detailing. I'll repost what he said on BBC.

"We started by rubbing it down real well with scotch brite. You then use a plastic prep/degreaser. Tack cloth surface then spray an adhesion promoter for applying paint to plastics. The paint is SEM which is made for flexible surfaces and gives you a factory look. Pretty easy process. "

Can I ask where you got the carpet and how easy was it to install? I have the exact same boat and would love to do what you're doing this winter. How long did the carpet take to rip and replace?

Really great job. Im currently doing the same on a 1995 185 SF. Can I ask where you found the trolling motor/ trim plate at the front? ....Cheers

Posted this over on BBC, but thought I would share with you guys too. I posted a couple of pics in a previous thread, but wanted to get it all together in one thread. Here's a list of what I've done to the boat this winter.

1. Painted both driver and pass consoles, cup holders, and rod storage.

2. New gauges and steering wheel

3. New switch panels (Courtesy of John at thebaitbar.com)

4. New Bass cat 24oz. ash carpet

5. Custom tackle storage

6. Completely rewired trailer lights

7. Resiliconed and fastened the rub rail

8. Wetsanded/buffed paint. (looks like new!)

9. Installed new floor under passenger seat.

10. 2 new polk audio marine speakers under driver and passenger dash, for a total of 4 speakers.

11. New carpeted deck extension.

It has been a massive job! A lot of fun, a lot of work, and a lot of results. Still need to install a new lower unit and custom rod storage, then I think we'll be done. At least for now. :)

There were some times that I though we got in too deep. But, it ended up better than I could have hoped for!

Here are some pics of the job and progress.

Before pics:

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_0891.jpg

Some after pics:

2011-02-23%2020.57.16.jpg

IMG_3220.JPG

2011-02-23%2021.02.48.jpg

2011-02-23%2021.06.44.jpg

New switch panels. (Again, big thanks to John at thebaitbar.com!)

photo%201.JPG

photo%203.JPG

2011-02-23%2020.59.06.jpg

IMG_3231.JPG

photo%204.JPG
where can I get parts for 2002 nitro 185 sport dash on driver side and glove box side

Latest posts

Back