newest addition...deck extention / livewell

• Thread starter Bruce Yeaton [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Well here it is folks, just got done (for the most part). Only thing I don't like is the carpet :)

Resize%20of%20000_0189.JPG

Mac has some carpeting with "Ranger" embossed on it that I'm sure he'd be happy to let you have!

Real nice job, Bruce!

What did you do to get the outline effect in the carpeting around the edges of the livwell? It looks GOOD!

me!

Thanks me!!! :)

Hmmm, Ranger carpet in my Tracker... will they allow that at tournaments :)

The outline effect was actually a mistake. When I cut out the area for the livewell I meant to cut on the inside! So I just patched it with leftover pieces.

Also forgot to mention this is completely portable. I lightened it up a few pounds... not so heavy any more. More that likely this will only be used for tournaments. The occasional long day it will act as a cooler. I still have to insulate the outside of the bin and inside the hatch cover as well...gotta keep that water cool!

Very sharp addition... ANd, that "accident" is pretty cool... WHat kind of plumbing attachments? I used brass snap together garden hose quick connects to do mine... And, I use a "standup" baitwell aerator for a recirc system... when I need it I just set it inside and it is hooked to a "cigarette lighter" outlet.

looks like ya did a nice job Bruce as it looks great. thanks for posting.

jd

Greg - I'd like to see pics if you have them. I have no plumbing yet because it was made to be portable. I do have a recirc pump and need a replacement... the screen always gets clogged.

Tex - sure, send me the measurements. Maybe I should open up my own Deck Extention francise haha!

Thanks guys!

Bruce,

Excellent job! I was really impressed about the "accident" before you spilled the beans.

Bob G.

Hey Bruce, NICE JOB!!!! You could also use it for dry storage too. How about that lid though? Is it strong enough to stand on??

Marke

Bruce...

I added a 36" deep rear deck to my Magna Deep-v. The livewell is connected to a "T" fitting in the intake and overflow/discharge lines of my existing livewell with those common garden hone quick disconnects ... If I ever removed the deck the fittings would "seal" at the "Ts" and I could operate my single livewell. I also used a spray head that shuts off for the fill so I can utilize the front livewell alone or open the spray head and filll and use both livewells... The discharge system is simple... three 3/4" fittings... two at the top on either side for "overflows" and a third at the bottom for a drain... the drain uses a standard 3/4" livewell "plug". No pictures available, but I can shoot some if this explanation leaves you guessing...

Marke - I usually don't carry enough "dry" storage to fill my other compartments, but it is a thought. The lid is strong enough, I've already tested it. It is similar to the ones in the boat now.

Greg - adding a well to the back would have been much easier for me. Depending on how the year goes I may try to add plumbing for a permanent well...maybe use the quick connects like you mentioned.

Bruce..where do you live? Can ya' do my 185? I want one..I want one!

Nice Job Bruce...I am thinkin' I may make a portable extension to go between the rod lockers and store stuff and keep it from gettin' soaked....looks good.

TEE

Nice work Bruce. I wanted to put a deck extension on the TF but the console has a curve to it and I'm not THAT good with wood so I didn't attempt it. Looks nice.

Bruce - I have an extra portable aerator pump (see link below for description) I used in my old Jon Boat. It does not have the clips as I wired it to the plugs in my old battery box. But if you want it i'll let you have it free just pay the shipping and you can wire it anyway you want. It still works, has suction cups on the bottom.
http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=1283&hvarTarget=search

TEE- I'm in MA. Could still build one but it may not be worth the shipping... up to you :)

Ben - Do you live in MA? Tonite? Maybe :)

Rob - Could do one for you, but you won't keep the boat long enough!

Trep - Thanks. Email me and I'll send you the shipping money. Just what I've been looking for. Does the screen clog up often or is it high enough not to suck up the debris?

Bruce,

That same aerator is what I use as a recirc when off the water or on very long runs... Cut it down so that the lid puts slight pressure on the suction cups...

Bruce - I'll go measure the hieght after I get off a conference call. I had no problem with the screen/filter down in the water and the pipe was high enough to just spew out the water.

Email me your address and home phone and i'll hit the USPS laster this week.

Bruce - check you e-mail!! The aerator is in the mail!

Back