Newby question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
I just purchased a sweet well taken care of 08 Z6, My charging battery is under the front deck. I've never seen this before. Its not like this on any of the new Nitro's. Is this factory or a DIY project.

Should I leave it there?

Also my engine oil is added @ top of Calin, not under deck by tank. Is this right? How do you check the oil level?

Thanks JW

I have personally only seen a couple of z6's but the ones i have seen have all had the trolling motor battery up under the front deck so i believe that is factory.

As far the the oil goes, that is normal for a 115 to have the oil tank under the cowl like that. I guess the easy way to check the level would be to pop the cowl. The other thing you can do which is what a good friend of mine that has one does is he tops the oil every time he puts gas in it. He never even comes close to burning even half a tank of oil to a full tank of gas so doing it the way he does there is zero chance it will run out on him.

I appreciate the reply Mr. Jim.. I just didn't know where else to go to get my questions answered. I think this site is going to be very helpful.

Thanks Again::)

When I had the Z6 the battery was up front and when I went to a 24 volt TM I added the second battery right next to it.

I have an 08 Z6 and up front is where the factory put the TM batteries.

Thanks guys, i guess tracker decided to move them back to the rear after this. I dropped the boat off at BPS this morning and the service writer wasn't sure if it was factory or not. He'd get back with me.

Next question it has dual rackin pinion steering. I don't see any grease zerts for this. How do i lube this thing. Its a little stiff

Latest posts

Back