New Z18 Owner Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51826

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I bought my Z18 in 2017 and haven’t been out as of lately. I can’t find anything online about the drains on my boat. Can someone tell me what the top hole in the picture I posted here is for and is there a plug missing?

I can’t recall if I’m missing something or if it’s normal.

Attachments

• AEC4A023-4C05-4E5A-AF39-71B2FA92468B.jpeg
    AEC4A023-4C05-4E5A-AF39-71B2FA92468B.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 144
Is your pump out for the livewell on transom up high, if not it could be it or over flow drain . If both your bilge drain and pump out is up high on the boat somewhere. Then you do have to many holes down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your pump out for the livewell on transom up high, if not it could be it or over flow drain . If both your bilge drain and pump out is up high on the boat somewhere. Then you do have to many holes down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply.

lowest drain in the pic is the hull drainage and will also release water from your ice box since its drain is inside the hull. left side screened tube is livewell water intake- be sure the screen stays clean and well rounded for best flow on intake. right side of that is the livewell drain tube

I believe that is just your splash well drain to release water from directly in front of the engine, inside the boat.
I looked at my boat again- this large high drain in the pic will keep water from flooding over if you pump too much water to your live well for any reason. The splash well drain is more obviously placed.

It is definitely the overflow for the livewell. They are installing a check valve in that line for me right now to stop water from backflowing into the livewell.

Interesting! So that's a common problem with the Nitros? I've noticed that my 2018 Z18 live wells regularly fill part-way during boat operation. Check valve installed. New boat warranty issue?
Vic

Latest posts

Back