NEW Z Series Bass Boats for 2014 coming?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Spencer

Reaction score
Heard rumor that there was to be a re-vamp to the Z Series Bass Boat line for 2014 to compete with the newly designed Ranger Z520C.

Has anyone heard anything as well? Some rep at a local show slip'd this info apparently

Boats are getting outdated a bit and with little to no changes on the 2013's from the 2012 it would appear that Tracker is getting rid of old hull stock for something NEW to come here

I dont think there is any such thing as old hull stock....

wrong wording - not old hull stock, 'left-over' would have been more appropriate to say.

"Normally" hulls don't change because of the cost in re-tooling the molds, it's the top cap and layout that is updated. It will be interesting to see after the Fusion Hull failure, which was a material and not design change to the hull.

Far be it for me to dig an old wound and I did not run a Fusion Hull but I'll give you a little background. In 2006-2007 (or thereabouts) NITRO introduced its Fusion Hull. Was supposed to be lighter, faster and stronger than the standard hull. They used a vacuum process to eliminate excess resin from the mold and I'm not exactly sure but possibly a different resin formula as well. If you want any info on the vacuum process, check out BassCat Boats. It's the way they lay their hulls. NITRO sold a few of the Fusion boats but when KVD and Clunn's hulls both failed during the Elite Series televised coverage, they recalled and replaced them. There might be a few of them floating around (yuk, yuk) but they would be very rare. To their credit, they took care of the issue super fast and it blew over quickly. They never did reintroduce the hull. I have a lot of respect for Tracker Marine and they have been nothing but stellar in all of my dealings with them. Now the retail side......we won't go there.:cool:

Wow,

that would be a bit embarressing on TV, I'm guessing that they were fairly monumental fails if they all got recalled and canned, good work Tracker for accepting the issue and sorting it.

Thanks for the info

At least we have guys talking about the subject - so thank you !

As far as the retail, I've had some questions myself that neither BP or Tracker have really addressed well when approached. That being, the exorbitant upgrade costs for electronics... basically if you upgrade from the standard Gen 2 HDS 7 in the Z9 ( knowing street value retail pricing ) they are giving you practically NOTHING in value for what comes standard in the boat, but they're charging almost $800 to uninstall it??? something's wrong in that value process. Given they are making profit on the boat and trailer itself such items should be discounted if anything, not exaggerated.

Other than that, and on a positive note, no one can argue the overall value of the complete package as compared to the other top 3-4 industry leaders. Given the hot new Ranger Z520C rigged comes out at over $74,000 Nitro owners are getting a steal! But it is time for a 'change' in rub-rail up design in my opinion

just my 2cents!

There's nothing wrong with the shoebox hull as long as you put enough screws in and they are high quality .....and the right size.....:lol:;)

"good work Tracker for accepting the issue and sorting it."

You do realize that this was YEARS ago.....and yes they did recall all of them because they were a serious safety issue when hulls delaminate.

one of the pro's said his boat due to him in JUNE is supposed to be a 2014, a new version they want to promote on TV ?

I ordered my 14 early suppose to be one of the first few off the line. Of course no one is saying what is different.

any word on your 2014 nitro asto the changes in the new model

I had many things wrong on my boat (New Z-7) From day one. Lets just say I got "one of those boats" You know, always something... Anyway After repairs and everything my boat looked great but was a slug. They stuck too waranty and after 3 months without a boat someone from higher up stepped in and got things going. Long story short I'm getting a new 2014 Z-7 with my old finders and motor on it. I was told my color was on the line July 12. So maybe soon I will be fishing again. It's been 4 LONG.... months without a boat. I can only hope this one will be nice to me.

Looked at 2014 Nitros on the website today and didn't notice any hull or layout changes. I did notice all the prices went up about $1k. Well, I did miss one change, you can get a 175 hp outboard on the 2014 Z7 boats.

Last edited:
They just keep going up in price. That is ok if I ever sale mine. I can get a better price. Don't see me selling it very soon unless I get a Z8. Thanks for the info.

I just bought a 2014 Nitro Z7 last week. The only difference I noticed was that I could get it with the 175 (which I did) and it comes with a tilt steering wheel now. Other than that, not too much has changed.

Latest posts

Back