New Truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Traded in my 2012 6.7 Powerstroke for a 2015 6.7 Powerstroke makes alot of sense huh? 440 hp. kind of overkill for the Tuna Scowl. Put a grand in new carpeting and replaced the original hardware recovered by the carpeters when the deck was off. Boat looks new, new truck but same old me. Some things can't be updated.

I sure like the looks of the new trucks but they are really proud of them these days.....kinda got sticker shock. I'll probably keep driving my old 2003 model for a while longer....funny how you get pretty tight after you retire!

I'm planning on trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 (only 26,000 miles) and my 2004 Toyota Tundra. Don't know yet for what though, although I like the Ford 150's but Toyota has already been strong vehicles for me. Outlasted any other vehicle by twice the mileage if not 3 times. Toyota runs darn good, just can't seem to figure out why it SUCKS at gas mileage when everyone else is getting 17-18 I'm getting 10-11 towing my little bass boat. So both are gonna go (Chevy is standard cab, so sucks for long driving more than 2 hrs - hard on my back that long - can't recline)

A woman I taught with had a Tundra and so did Bass Pro Shop when I worked there. They got what you got for mileage. They are a solid truck Karen's got over 200,000 on hers. I got a killer deal on my 2015 just added years of payments I get over 20 mpg on the road. I have several friends from my gym who own F150s most of them less than two years old. Eco boost. One was a chevy owner and two got rid of Dodges. It looks like a ford dealership when were all working out and they're all lined up in the parking lot. The Dodge guy said never again. The Chevy guy just liked the ford better nothing against Chevies. They get great mileage and two pull trailers and no problems except two are painted Nebraska "Husker Red" a truly hideous color. I have a Auto Body shop where I used to put my work study students when I was still teaching everyone there is a Ford guy. I asked them why and was told "we have to fix them all so we know whats best in a wreck." Until my 2002 Super Duty I thought GM was the only answer. When GM took the government bail out then awarded themselves million dollar bonus that was the clincher for me. A farmer friend of mine just got a new GMC diesel and it does ride better than my Super Duty. Guess go where you heart is.
fatrap

That's exactly the reason I won't buy a Chevy (GM) stands for Government Made (junk), sorriest paint jobs I've ever seen. But I LOVE CarMax and this Chevy only had less than 600 miles on it (2006 model in 2008), it was the ONLY truck out of 15 that didn't smell like a cigarette butt and has proven to be very reliable but I've only put less than 20,000 miles on it since 2008. Since I got the Tundra after I bought my wife a Toyota handicap van, Chevy has seen less than 20 miles a week at most. I like the Tundra because it much more comfortable and a better stereo system. So I'll be looking at Toyota and Ford's when the time comes.

I noticed the town I live ten miles from has added fords to its fleet. Mostly F250s it was mostly a GM market. My tiny town of Underwood has switched to fords all two of them. My problems is I used to love starting up my 7.3 diesel and hearing that diesel purrrrrr. It had the smell of power. NOW... My 2015 sounds like a car and hasn't much of a smell at all. My Dad used to say diesel's were the smell of power. He was a Dodge man until the end. Go with your heart. If it's the best truck in your opinion who am I to say different. Now!!!!! IF you want to talk about my boat I'll give you an ear ful. :)

Yep, sure wished I had gone the center console route and the 75hp 4 stroke LOL, but my deal is made, and until I know FOR SURE, I might survive another 10yrs, then I'm stuck with this one. Besides, my buddy did a GREAT job with the handicap rails. I've come up with a solution to get on the boat when no docks exist (since its hard on me to roll into the boat - can't climb). a 3 step little folding step ladder, climb up and in, then reach over and bring the ladder in. Just have to create a holding system for it out of the way and I KNOW my buddy can fashion that up for me :D. At least that'll work until my knees just won't take it anymore.

I bought a 2013 Ford 4X4 off road new in 2013 with the 5.0 engine set up for CNG. I did not buy it with the CNG installed but put on the after market set up. Love it. I get 20+ on highway and 17+ in town. I have only used one tank of gas since I bought it. I pay 1.39 for CNG in Oklahomc City and it has the same power as if I was using gas. I put a 25gallon CNG tank on it and I can get CNG on all of the trips that I take. I am going Washington DC in June and I have already set up my route. On some trips CNG cost around 1.59 to 2.79 depending on what state you are in. The truck is very conferable and gets great mileage when I am pulling my boat around. Check out the deals that ford is making on their trucks.

I Drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ extended cab 4x4 and the wife has a 2015 Ford explorer Sport. I looked at the Ford F350 power stroke when I bought the Chevy. Just couldn't justify the $$ for the Ford.

Traded in my 2012 6.7 Powerstroke for a 2015 6.7 Powerstroke makes alot of sense huh? 440 hp. kind of overkill for the Tuna Scowl. Put a grand in new carpeting and replaced the original hardware recovered by the carpeters when the deck was off. Boat looks new, new truck but same old me. Some things can't be updated.
I have been and always will be a Ford Fanatic. I currently own a F 150 1997 Model that have over 200k miles and is still going strong. I also have a 2013 F-450 Platinum I use to pull my bass boat and my RV. All that being said if I were to ever buy another 1/2 ton I would no doubt go with the Toyota Tundra. Those are some extremely incredible vehicles gas mileage not withstanding.

Can't help but to brag about my Honda Ridgeline, 2007 RTL, bought it new and going on 8 years with nothing but routine maintenance. Yes it's considered a mid-size truck but fits my needs to a tee, great ride and pulls my boat with no problems.... 4 wheel drive so ramps make it a piece of cake..... waiting on the 2nd generation which should be out in 2016....... have no reason currently to trade.....

My Wife has a Ridgeline as well Mike and we love it too, especially the under-bed storage area. May have to look at the 2016 Gen 2 models as i've about worn out my Odyssey.

Latest posts

Back