New Trolling Motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trackster

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a pro team 175 txw with the edge trolling motor 45 pound thrust. I just bought a terrova 12 volt motor and was wondering if I needed to change any of the wiring. The terrova is 55 pound thrust. Thanks

Thanks Major Mark. I'm not sure I did all my homework. All the literature says the 55vpound thrust is good for my 175 txw. Does anyone have experience with that set up on the 175? I'm worried I made a big mistake not going with the 24 volt. Any thoughts? Thanks

20140524_105124.jpg
20140524_105321.jpg
I bought a Targa 17 new a few years back, had the 12v swapped out for a 24v pre-delivery & was happy I did. My current rig is a 1648 jon that is really, really heavy with a 80# Terrova Link, used for fishing the Wisc River north of the Dells. On a calm day the river moves 3+mph, and makes me glad I have the 24v with 2 big 31 series AGMs. I can troll upriver into current at 6+mph, but spotlock is where it really shines as there are times that the power dam gates are open & increase the river flow to 5+mph 7 miles down river. On a 175, I'd want a 24v, 80# minimum, but that's me and where I mostly fish. I have a good friend just replaced his 12v PD1 with a 12v Terrova on a 16.5ft tub for the spot lock. He says he just didn't have room for the 2nd battery so he couldn't go 24v. "Ya gotta do what works for you"

I think I learned a lesson here. I chose the terrova for the spot lock also. We don't deal with much current in the lakes around here and I'm not concerned about how fast it will go. The wind is what bothers me. I haven't been able to talk to many people with my exact rig but it's funny some people say the 55 will be plenty. They are expensive for sure so I'm worried

The 12v-55lb. May work fine but I would consider 2 batteries dedicated to TM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 12v-55lb. May work fine but I would consider 2 batteries dedicated to TM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you sir, I appreciate your comment. I haven't been able to get it out yet because of the weather but I hope you are correct. Definitely gonna get another battery.

I have a Tracker 190 that came with the same MK Edge your boat did. I spoke with Tracker Marine directly and they said I could upgrade to a 24V Terrova without changing the wiring. I did and have had zero issues. With that said, the factory wiring is more than capable of handling your new 12V Terrova. You're going to love the spot lock feature. Take care.

Thank you sir, man I wish I could get this thing out on the water. Between the real nasty weather and the fact that the ramps are all shut down I can't try it. I can't help but think that I made the wrong choice with the 12 volt. Story of my life

Latest posts

Back