New Trolling Motor - How to Wire It??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewey Leggett

Reaction score
Just got my new Minn Kota Maxxum in this afternoon (remember, my 24v quit working on my Motorguide Sunday, after I had already ordered this one), and I don't know how to wire it to my female plug. I have always had the 2 or 3 prong plug, which was easy enough to wire the positive and negative leads to from the trolling motor. My new Nitro, however, has the 4 prong large, round plug, and I am not sure how to wire the positive and negative leads to it. Do I take the female plug apart and wire them inside or what. The existing motor guide only has one wire going to the plug (although I assume it is probably conduit and pos and neg are actually both in there). It was too late to start tearing apart tonight, so I thought I would see what you guys knew so I could get a little quicker start on it in the morning. THANKS!!!

Dewey

Actually, I am not sure how to wire it to my male plug that's attached to the tm wires. I took the male plug apart from the old motor guide and there is a pos, neg, and ground wire going to the prongs. However, on my Minn Kota, there is only pos and neg. Is it because the motor guide is 12/24 and the minn kota is 24v?? I tried just hookinig up the minn kota pos and neg to the plug, but that doesn't work. Do I need a ground someohow, or do I need to get another plug?

Latest posts

Back