New Trim Switch Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Tallant

Reaction score
I am in the process of adding a third trim switch to my Nitro 640LX. I currently have one on my bow and on the throttle lever. The new one will go on the engine cowling to make it easier to use my transom saver. I purchased an OEM switch from my local dealer. It came with three wires -green, blue (in a pigtail layout) and a red wire with a male end only. The cowling currently has a plug in the switch location that can be easily removed for installation. There is a connection directly behind the plug where I can install the blue and green pigtail but I dont have a red wire anywhere around for power. I tried not using the red wire and it didn't work. Where does the red wire connect?

I would imagine the red wire goes to 12 volts.

splice the blue wire into the existing blue wire with a white stripe (blue = up)

splice the green wire to the existing green wire with a white stripe. (green = down)

This should energize the relay and shoot the hiah amperage voltage to the motor windings.

I did this "mod" on my tracker a couple years ago.

I'm going from memory and I'm almost 60 years old. Look before you leap... ;)

I have the same situation. I hate to admit it but I connected it to the 12V power supply at the starter with an old switch to see if it would work and I smoked it. So I would like to know as well.

Latest posts

Back